< img src=" https://jobeternal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/user-support-bioinformatician-commencing-immediately.jpg" class= "ff-og-image-inserted" > About the team/job We are
searching for a User Support Bioinformatician for release in the task force building and operating the SARS-CoV-2 Data Hubs, a part of the European COVID-19 Data Platform (https://www.covid19dataportal.org). This is an urgent cover needed for that reason we require the appropriate candidate to be available immediately.You will operate in the Data Coordination and Archiving Team at the EMBL European Bioinformatics Institute( EMBL-EBI; http://www.ebi.ac.uk/), located on the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge (UK ). This is an opportunity to make a considerable contribution to EMBL-EBI’s COVID-19 scientific reaction. The European COVID-19 Data Platform comprises 2 parts: the COVID-19 Data Portal, supporting gain access to and analyses of COVID-19 related referral data and specialist datasets and the SARS-CoV-2 Data Hubs, supplying assistance for break out information management, sharing and cloud-based analysis. Your role As part of the SARS-CoV-2 Data Hubs Task Force, you will be associated with providing support for a growing number of groups and companies adopting sequencing and analysis programmes for SARS-CoV-2. Tasks will consist of: Configuration and operation of Data Hubs; Assisting external users in depositing and verifying data, such as through professional recommendations
- on our various web and programmatic submission interfaces or writing scripts and plug-ins to integrate submissions into existing lab workflows; Standards development and implementation to link core metadata and clinical/epidemiological data; Sharing know-how on available analysis workflows and their use; Liaison with EMBL-EBI Software Engineers in the style and enhancement of submission tools and services; Development of scripts and little tools to support analysis as part of the SARS-CoV-2 Data Hubs. Opportunities will be attended to self-growth. These consist of working in a highly-skilled group on the Wellcome Genome Campus, a center of scientific and technical knowledge with many training courses and seminars offered.
You have You ought to hold at least a university degree in the life sciences. A post-graduate degree in bioinformatics, data science or a biological science. Experience in preparation and delivering jobs.
Broad understanding of molecular biology and next-generation sequencing technologies. Experience in data coordination
accelerate science and tackle a few of
- humankind’s biggest obstacles. EMBL-EBI, part of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, is a worldwide leader in the storage, analysis and dissemination of large biological datasets. We provide the global research study neighborhood with access to openly readily available databases and tools which are vital for the development ofhealth care, food security
, and biodiversity. Sign up with a culture of development We lie on the Wellcome Genome Campus, along with other prominent research study and biotech organisations, and surrounded by stunning Cambridgeshire countryside. This is a highly collaborative and inclusive neighborhood where our employees enjoy an unwinded environment. We are committed to ensuring our staff members feel valued, supported and empowered to reach their professional capacity. Take pleasure in lots of advantages: Financial incentives: Monthly household, child and non-resident allowances, annual wage evaluation, pension plan, survivor benefit, long-lasting care, accident-at-work and joblessness insurance coverages Versatile working plans Private medical insurance coverage for you and your
immediate household (including all prescriptions and generous oral & optical cover) Generous time off: 30 days annual leave per year, in addition to 8 bank vacations Moving plan consisting of setup grant( if needed) Campus life: Free shuttle to and from work, on-site library, subsidised on-site fitness center and cafeteria, casual dress code, extensive sports and social club activities( on school and remotely )Family advantages: On-site nursery, 10 days of kid authorized leave, generous parental leave, vacation clubs on campus and regular monthly household and kid allowances Advantages for
- Visa exemption, education grant for personal schooling, financial support to take a trip back to your house nation every 2nd year and a month-to-month non-resident allowance. For more information please see our staff member advantages page. What else you require to know Agreement period: This position is
- a project-limited contract with an approximated end-date of 30/09/2023. The successful prospect must be able to begin right away, latest by September 2022. International applicants: We recruit internationally and successful candidates are provided visa exemptions. Learn more on our page for worldwide candidates. Variety and addition
- : At EMBL-EBI, we strongly think that inclusive and varied groups gain from greater levels of innovation and creative thought. We motivate applications from women, LGBTQ +and people from
- all nationalities. Task location: This role is based in Hinxton, near Cambridge, UK. You will be needed to transfer if you are based overseas and you will
- get a generous moving package tosupport you. How to use: To use please submit a cover letter and a CV through our online system. We intend to offer a reaction within two weeks after the closing date. Click Here to Apply For The Job