Library Services are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to play a key part in raising the profile of Imperial’s seven libraries and collections both internally and externally.
Duties and responsibilities
Together with the Communications and User Experience Manager, the postholder will manage the Library Services and Scholarly Communication websites. They will coordinate a group of web editors to develop and maintain the structure, content and presentation of the sites in Terminal 4 CMS, providing guidance on style and accessibility. They will also manage the Library Staff Hub on SharePoint.
They will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the Library’s social media channels, creating engaging and innovative content, including video and reels, and will lead a team of social media contributors.
They will manage the online library chat module LibChat and LibAnswers, ensuring that all LibChat agents are trained and up to date with relevant policies and procedures, and coordinating weekly agent rotas to ensure continuous service provision to library users.
They will manage the Evening and Weekend User Services team and line manage two Library User Services Coordinators, working closely with the User Services Manager (Information Hub) to deliver a coordinated library service.
- Education to degree level, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Experience in developing website content and use of content management system.
- Some experience of using digital media applications, such as creating videos for social networking sites and willingness to explore others.
- Proven competence and experience of successfully managing or supervising a small/medium sized team in a service orientated environment, including staff training and development.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including proofing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with computer systems and platforms including some or all of the following: MS Office, library management systems (LMS), enquiry management systems, social media and mobile technologies.
- Good organisational, analytical, problem solving and time-management skills with experience in delivering creative solutions.
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workloads in the face of conflicting demands.
- An enthusiastic self-motivated team player, flexible and co-operative, coupled with high level of personal responsibility and initiative experienced in contributing effectively to team goals.
The post is a part-time, 0.7 FTE, open ended. Days and hours worked will be arranged with the User Services Manager Communications and User Experience. The post holder will be expected to exercise flexibility in their hours to meet the business needs of the Library, including occasional cover in the evenings and at the weekend for staff on leave / off sick etc.
Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder will be expected to work a minimum of 60% onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
For queries regarding the post please contact: Janet Corcoran 020 7594 8867 [email protected]
For technical issues when applying online, please contact: [email protected]
Candidates will need to complete an online application with a statement. Submissions of CVs alone will not be considered.