< img src=" https://jobeternal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/tt-assistant-professor-with-education-profile-sustainable-drug-development.jpg" class
=” ff-og-image-inserted “> Job description We are looking for an early-career scholastic who is interested to start a tenure track that concentrates on education and who can strengthen our mentor and research in the field of sustainable drug advancement. The discipline of sustainable drug development intends to train trainees in drug development based upon Green Chemistry concepts. This is needed due to the fact that ageing of the population causes increased substance abuse, which stresses the eco-system and may negatively impact our long-term health, e.g. due to resistance to antibiotics. The prospect will integrate Green Chemistry aspects into relevant Bachelor and Master courses, allowing pharmacy students to gain knowledge not only about traditional chemical reactions, drug style and production, however also on how to modify these to minimize their eco-toxicity and boost sustainability. The prospect’s research study might support existing research lines in the location of Green Chemistry within the research group Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology (GRIP) and might result in an independent research line focusing on, for instance, computational chemistry and engineering, artificial intelligence in drug discovery or engineering, or green and sustainable pharmaceutical production.
As Assistant Professor with an education profile you will:
- teach in the Bachelor and Master degree programs of Pharmacy, and the research master Medical Pharmaceutical Sciences (future track Sustainable drug discovery)
- play a substantial role in the advancement of education at FSE, both at the course and the programme level
- add to research lines in the research study group Chemical and Pharmaceutical Biology of the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy (GRIP), or develop your own research in line with the strategy of the research group
- add to the supervision of PhD students in the research study group
- add to the organization of the professors, for example by participating in working groups and committees, especially in the domain of education.
At the phase of Assistant Professor 60% of your time is for teaching and education development, 30% for research and 10% for organizational jobs. After five years you will be evaluated for tenure and promo to the level of Associate Professor (see Conditions of employment).
We provide you the opportunity to begin a profession path that focuses on education and to end up being an educational leader in time. We motivate you to use if you have:
- an enthusiasm for mentor and education development
- demonstrably exceptional mentor qualities
- a PhD degree in chemistry, pharmacy, chemical biology or a related field
- a good track record in research, as shown by publications in worldwide peer-reviewed journals and procedures of popular conferences
- preferably a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience after your PhD (at the time of visit)
- demonstrable organizational proficiencies
- great command of spoken and composed English.
And you are:
- ready to acquire a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years and a Senior Teaching Qualification (Dutch: SKO) within five years
- able to work well in a worldwide, culturally varied, environment
- a group player with excellent communication skills who has the ability to inspire trainees and colleagues
- able to speak the Dutch language or encouraged to speak it within five years (B1 level).
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has actually been our leading priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the University is presently in or around the top 100 on a number of prominent ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) is the largest professors within the University. We provide top-notch education and research study in a vast array of science and engineering disciplines, from classical disciplines such as mathematics, astronomy and mechanical engineering, to interdisciplinary fields such as expert system, drug store and nanoscience. Our neighborhood has an open and casual character with trainees and personnel from all over the world.
The position we provide will be embedded in the Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy. Education and Research at the GRIP is multidisciplinary. It bridges clinical, health economy and biomedical sciences on the one side and chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics (statistics) on the other side. The interaction between the pharmaceutical sciences with these basic and scientific sciences uses outstanding opportunities for ingenious education and advanced research study.
Conditions of employment
We provide you a full-time tenure track position as Assistant Professor and:
- a wage, depending on credentials and work experience, from EUR 3,821 up to a maximum of EUR 5,230 gross monthly (wage scale 11), depending on your profession stage) for a full-time position
- a beginning plan of kEUR 40 to take a trip, arrange workshops, etc, in addition to access to additional resources for education development tasks
- vacation allowance and end-of-year perk of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly wage
- a pension scheme
- maternity and adult leave
- the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE)
- a personal advancement trajectory and a mentor program
- dual profession assistance for partners of new faculty members relocating to Groningen.
Consider our website to learn more about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/( …) with-us/that-is-why/
In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be designated for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at a lot of one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your evaluation is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as Associate Professor with an education profile. Please think about the following link for more details on the criteria for promo: https://www.rug.nl/( …) tion-profile-def. pdf
The continuation of the career path after the level of Associate Professor with an education profile is presently being established. It will include the possibility of requesting promotion to the position of Full Professor with an education profile.
We welcome you to send a complete application consisting of:
- a cover letter in which you explain your motivation and qualifications for the position
- a curriculum vitae, including a description of your teaching experience, a list of your publications and a list with names of recommendations
- a statement of your vision on teaching, in specific relating to developments in your field, and what you want to accomplish in our degree programs
- a description of your scientific interest and plans.
You might make an application for this position up until 23 June 11:59 pm/ prior to 24 June 2022 Dutch regional time (CET) by ways of the application, please see: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/job-opportunities/?details=00347-02S00098UP
The selection interviews will happen from the 5th of July 2022 onward.
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and personnel are respected and feel comfortable, despite distinctions in background, experiences, viewpoints, and identities. We believe that dealing with our core values of addition and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively dealing with developing a socially safe environment. Variety among trainees and employee enriches scholastic dispute and adds to the quality of our mentor and research study. We for that reason welcome applicants from underrepresented groups in specific to use. For more details, see also our variety policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/( …) rsity-and-inclusion/
Our choice procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission’s European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code We provide profession services for partners of brand-new faculty members transferring to Groningen. Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated. Info For details you can call: Please do not utilize the e-mail address(
es )above for applications. Extra details Click Here to Apply For The Job