An excellent opportunity for Teaching Practitioners in Commercial Law and Practice. We are looking for people with experience in practice to develop and teach postgraduate modules.
You will join the teaching team in the School of Law at Birkbeck to teach on our new Master programme in Commercial Law. This will provide you with the opportunity to work with experienced academic staff members in preparing your teaching materials and to receive feedback and guidance on your teaching. We are looking for one, or possibly two practitioners to undertake the following:
- developing and teaching the following module: Issues in Commercial Law (compulsory module). Teaching will be in the Spring term (January 2023), on Wednesdays from 7.30pm. Sessions will be 90 minutes over 10 weeks.
- developing a further level 7 30-credit option module for the programme (focusing on corporate governance and securities regulation or commercial dispute settlement). Teaching to be confirmed following development. Sessions will be 90 minutes over 10 weeks – day and term to be confirmed.
Please state in your application which of the above opportunities you are interested in applying for, of if you are interested in being considered for both.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience working in legal practice, as a solicitor, arbitrator or other similar roles.
- Knowledge of commercial law related subjects, such as aspects of corporate law and finance, insolvency, drafting of commercial contracts, mediation and arbitration.
- Academic background, preferably a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject, a PhD or close to completing a PhD and previous experience of teaching in higher education.
- a proven track record of demonstrating effective presentation skills and good oral and written communication skills.
- a good level of Information and Communication Technology skills particularly in application to standard packages (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and internet use).
This is a fixed term engagement for 4 months.
You will receive £4396.50 for this engagement, plus £603.50 for annual leave at the rate of 12.07%.
If you would like to know more about the role, please click on apply below or contact Guido Comparato, Programme Director LLM Commercial Law, via [email protected].
If you have technical issues or difficulties using the recruitment portal please contact [email protected], providing your name and the job reference number of the position.
While we are happy to respond to all informal enquiries, only formal applications through the online system will be considered.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. The College is committed to improving the gender and cultural diversity of its workforce, holding an Athena SWAN award, membership of WISE, operating Disability Confident & Mindful Employer schemes.