This is an exciting opportunity for skilled teachers who are looking to teach in international education.
We are looking for well-qualified teachers with a strong track record of academic success and teaching / delivery experience to teach Chemistry and Biology at this INTO Centre for international students, based in Middlesex Street, London, and the capacity to offer face-to-face teaching is essential. Practical sessions take place at London Metropolitan University Science Centre in Holloway Road once or twice per week, principally on Wednesdays.
The successful applicant will have the ability to teach students from a variety of countries and cultural backgrounds, and with different language levels. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher looking to teach in international education.
Applicants will be involved in the teaching of Chemistry/Biology across a variety of modules in our Level 3 foundation programmes, Science and Engineering, as well as Medicine and Health Professions (NCUK – The University Consortium). The delivery will involve innovative teaching approaches such as flipped learning and problem-based learning.
- You will be required to work with key stakeholders across other functional areas of INTO such as marketing, finance, student services. May also be required to liaise with students’ parents and other external stakeholders.
- You will make purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and meet the individual needs of students.
- You will provide oral and written feedback to students and other stakeholders (e.g. programme managers, academic schools, marketing staff, sponsors and parents).
- You will develop reasonable rules of classroom behaviour and ensure they are consistently applied.
- You will contribute to course and module development, including preparation of module guides in liaison with the relevant Programme Manager / Academic Director.
- You will carry out administrative and record-keeping tasks associated with teaching and assessment (e.g. student progress reports, test invigilation, mark sheets, attendance and activity records, tutorial logs, advising logs, and UCAS references).
- You will have a relevant subject degree related to Chemistry and Biology.
- An appropriate postgraduate qualification if teaching HE students.
- Teaching qualification e.g. PGCE / equivalent is desirable but not essential.
- You’ll have an interest in teaching international students for whom English is a second language, and respect for students of different nationalities and cultures.
About INTO London World Education Centre
INTO London offers Pathway programs for international students at a range of levels from which students can progress to one of over 100 universities in the UK and Europe, from traditional subjects such as business, engineering and law to niche programs including jewellery design, yacht design and herpetology.
The centre offers a modern learning environment, with multipurpose lecture theatres, interactive whiteboards, private study rooms, a learning resource centre and art studio.
The centre is global, having welcomed students from over 100 nationalities since 2013.
Location: INTO London WEC, 102 Middlesex Street, London, E1 7EZ.
Application process: We adopt an on-going recruitment process; we review applications as they are submitted. All applications will receive a response. Applications are considered as they are received, and interviews will be arranged accordingly.
To apply please click the ‘Apply’ button above.