Point Blank is an award-winning music school based in London, Los Angeles, Ibiza, Mumbai, China and online. The School specialises in Higher Education and professional courses in subjects including Music Production and Sound Engineering, DJing, Singing and Song writing, Music Industry Management, and Radio Production and Broadcasting.
As a specialist music education provider, we take pride in teaching the creative process of making music at the highest level, with expert lecturers and state-of-the-art facilities. Consistently awarded high scores by our students through the National Student Survey, we have a reputation for giving our community a unique and high-quality experience. Point Blank nurtures and supports students, providing them with a curriculum connected to industry and the tools to succeed in their careers. Our degree courses are validated by Middlesex University, and we are expanding to meet demand as well as expanding the course portfolio to meet the needs of our students.
The successful candidate will join our Registry Department, to provide a dedicated student support and guidance service for students on undergraduate degree programmes. You will be responsible for delivering a high-quality level of student support and administrative service, working closely with colleagues in the student support team and liaising with academic colleagues within the Point Blank. Your will contribute to team activities, KPI’s and implement improvement opportunities as identified by the team including attending training sessions relevant to the role.
This is your chance to join a fast-growing company with exciting opportunities for personal development. To find out what makes Point Blank Music School a remarkable place to work, check out our YouTube channel here.
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
- To Support and Lead on Student Support Events.
- To support across undergraduate courses, liaising with the Disability Advisory and Support Service (DASS) as necessary, and being responsible for circulating DASS notifications/learning plans to academic staff and providing students with advice about disability support.
- To keep up to date with Point Blank’s policies and procedures with respect to the provision of student support; and to liaise and be familiar with key services across Point Blank (e.g. Counselling, Disability Support, Students Union, Careers etc).
- To be responsible for keeping accurate records with respect to student support related matters, always maintaining confidentiality; and to update materials for student handbooks and other student communication channels on student support and guidance processes.
- To support the Student Support Manager with student retention projects including the laptop loan scheme, mentoring and the Student Union and the Programme Voice Group.
- To ensure and support a continuous review of student support procedures, feeding back suggestions for improvements to processes in the interests of delivering effective student support and guidance.
- To support the Student Support Manager with the development of new initiatives aimed at improving student retention.
- To participate in and provide administrative support for committees and working groups with specific reference to student support.
- Create, maintain with the Marketing Department, and update information relating to student support on the Point Blank website, pre-arrival material and Student Handbook.
- Apply sensitivity and discretion when dealing with confidential information and confidently refer more complex issues to specialist staff.
- Show the ability to identify areas for improvement and proactively solve problems using creativity and logic.
- Contribute to a range of work and projects coordinated by the Student Support Department.
- Work flexibly as part of the Student Support Team and be available for occasional evening and weekend work as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post as requested by the line manager.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Essential
- Educated to A Level or an equivalent level 3 qualification.
- Ideally least one year’s experience in a supportive role.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good PC skills, especially spreadsheets, reporting tools and database skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and empathy to ensure effective communication with staff, students, and other customers, including a good telephone manner.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise work demands to meet deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Problem solving with the ability to analyse, follow-up and resolve issues.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Desirable
- Educated to Degree level.
- Experience in a Student Support role within Higher Education.
Knowledge and skills
- A self-starter, with a hands-on, pragmatic approach and willing to support where necessary, with the ability to work well under pressure.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter setting out your interest in the role and details of how you match the criteria in the person specification to [email protected].
Initial interviews will take place on Tuesday 14 June 2022, via Zoom.
Point Blank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society.