Location: South Kensington Campus
An exciting opportunity has opened in our Student Financial Support team as a senior role to administer the accounts of our significant scholarships and bursaries budget. Having one of the most generous bursary packages in the country and a growing scholarships portfolio, this role is critical to our team’s mission of supporting students financially and contributing to the College’s strategy to further diversifying our student population. The role combines data analysis skills with funds management, as well as management of our Turing Programme Officer to deliver an excellent funding package for our students studying abroad.
The Student Financial Support team provides advice to students and staff on Government funding and scholarships available, and administers all centrally managed scholarships, bursaries, hardship support, Turing and other placement grants and US Federal Loans. The functions of the team have been essential in supporting students through the impacts of the cost of living crisis in the UK, the COVID pandemic and other recent challenges impacting the global community. We have also seen significant growth in the College’s scholarships offered to international and domestic students, reflecting the College’s commitment to value and improve diversity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the monthly, mid-year and final financial reconciliations for all accounts associated with the scholarship, bursary schemes and funds administered by our team
- Prepare annual budgets by coordinating with Administrators and budget holders to accurately forecast their expenditure
- Work closely with the Head of Student Financial Support in planning operations and providing data analysis to inform reports and decision making
- Line manage our Turing programme Officer to further expand our offering of Turing funds to Imperial College students embarking on overseas placements
- Play a critical role in coordinating Excel worksheets used for tracking calculating and recording our hardship funds, bursary and scholarship payments processes
- Proven experience at similar level, preferably in a Higher Education institution
- Proven experience as a cooperative team member who can also work independently.
- Experience of data analysis and presenting findings accurately and clearly
- Experience of creating and manipulating Excel spreadsheets to an advanced level
- Ability to adjust priorities as necessary to accommodate frequent changes in circumstances or problems
- Experience of prioritising work and of managing workloads successfully
Full details of the role can be found on the Job Description.
This is a full time and open ended role and you’ll be based in the South Kensington Campus.
Anticipated interview date: 26 June 2023
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Thomas Pearson, Head of Student Financial Support: [email protected]
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Closing date: 07/06/2023
To apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button, above.