At Kaplan Open Learning, we are experts in online Higher Education. Working closely with our partner universities, our vision is to become a world leader in online learning, making higher education accessible to anyone with the potential and drive to succeed.
We develop, deliver, support and market, sector-leading online higher education programmes to a global student audience. Our innovative and unique online pedagogy utilises the latest digital learning technologies to provide teaching excellence and a world-class student experience.
We work in collaboration with our university partners to develop engaging, interactive learning materials using the latest digital learning technologies. This approach blends our unique online pedagogy with the research-led subject expertise of our partners.
As a Student Experience Officer, you will be joining a growing Student Experience and Welfare Team within the Student Services department, which also consists of Student Support, Student Finance and Study Skills teams.
Working in conjunction with our Student Support, Academic, and Marketing departments, you will provide our students with support and guidance via email and telephone on a range of areas that complement their academic journey, with a focus on ensuring the student voice is heard throughout the organisation. You will collate and review student survey data, liaise directly with student representatives, work with colleagues at our partner universities, manage the administration of meetings, oversee student engagement via online forums, and research careers resources.
You will also play a pivotal role advising graduates about their graduation and helping them prepare for their big day, ultimately having the chance to meet them and their families at graduation to celebrate their success.
To be successful in this role you must be passionate about student representation, student satisfaction, building a learning community, and ultimately enhancing the wider student experience.
- Manage administration of End of Module Survey: uploading and downloading data, distributing results to key staff, compiling data in preparation for review at Student Satisfaction Group, taking minutes of Student Satisfaction Group meetings, and writing up summaries for the student body.
- Regularly monitor Student forums to ensure that students receive relevant and timely responses to their posts and queries.
- Curate, monitor and develop the Kaplan Open Learning Careers website to provide appropriate resources to students.
- Support the Head of Student Experience and Welfare and Marketing team with the planning and management of the annual Graduation ceremony at the University partner campus, and online graduation celebration.
- Coordinate the promotion of the National Student Survey (NSS), including telephoning students to encourage participation in the survey.
- Work in conjunction with Data team to ensure a robust calendar of Graduate Outcomes survey activity and analyses of data.
- Respond to student queries in relation to student voice, student representation, graduation, careers, and alumni.
- Assist with administration prior to and following staff-student feedback meetings; ensuring student members are prepared; and take minutes to be shared with senior staff.
- Collaborate with Marketing team on relevant projects such as alumni, and celebration/awareness days for existing students.
This exciting opportunity requires applicants to have an Undergraduate degree, and we would particularly welcome applications from candidates with a postgraduate qualification or relevant experience.
You should also have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including diplomacy and tact
- Ability to manage a busy workload to tight deadlines, with excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Evidence of initiative and problem-solving skills
- High quality of English with ability to write reports and student-facing content
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A professional manner and an ability to handle sensitive information on occasion
- A desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- A willingness to understand and adapt to new challenges
You may also have:
- Experience of working within, or in conjunction with, university student unions
- Experience of working within wellbeing support services, ideally in a higher education environment
- Experience of supporting students generally in a higher education environment
- Strong working knowledge of managing social media platforms
If this sounds like the kind of job you’d enjoy, please apply with your CV. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions as part of your application to help us understand your motivation for applying for this role:
- Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position? (100 words maximum)
- Why is student representation important? (100 words maximum)
- What do you feel are the key considerations in building an online learning community? (100 words maximum).
Salary: £22,000 (with increases after 12 and 24 months service, up to £24,000)
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Closing date: 29th May 2022
At Kaplan International, we are committed to working in a diverse organisation and strive to provide equality of opportunity for all. We encourage and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or identity, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership. If you would like to be considered for an interview under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please complete this form or email us on [email protected]
As part of our commitment to safeguarding, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About Kaplan Open Learning
Kaplan Open Learning is one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of online degree education. We currently work with two UK partner Universities to deliver undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes. Our students complete their studies through online learning using our interactive virtual classroom with rich multi-media resources which provide a gateway to a learning community supported by a dedicated academic and professional services team.
Our mission is to continue to transform students’ lives and careers by delivering and expanding our suite of innovative, industry led and career enhancing higher education programmes.