We are looking for an enthusiastic, lively, engaged, and engaging, student support professional to join our team in central London, to provide housing and wellbeing support to international students.
The Institute for International Education of Students (IES Abroad) is one of the leading Study Abroad service providers in the US. As a non-profit organisation, over the past 75 years we have helped 100s thousands of students fulfil their dreams through spending a semester abroad in London.
We have an exciting opportunity within Student Affairs for which we are seeking highly capable candidates who will work well within a team to provide excellent support to our students. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys working directly with students and is interested in all aspects of student support, with direct experience of managing services, particularly housing. With excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to empathise with students, you will support students through the challenges of living abroad, usually for the first time. Please refer to the job description for a broader overview of responsibilities and person specification.
About IES Abroad London:
- We are a non-profit education organization passionate about the growth of students, faculty, and staff
- We are looking for new colleagues who are passionate about international education, and who share our belief in education as a tool for social change
- We are seeking individuals who thrive in an environment of excellence, and for whom work is more than a payslip
- We treat our employees well. This includes occasional theatre tickets, meals and activities/events; always respecting the non-profit nature of our organisation
- We are a disciplined and highly functioning team but also believe people should approach each workday with enthusiasm and with a sense of genuine belonging to the team. Whilst some work-related stress cannot be prevented, we aim to nurture our employees with a supportive and comfortable working environment
- IES believes in supporting the continued development of employees, and that personal development is relevant to increased professional growth. As such, we offer a small budget to all employees to attend training relevant to their career path and interests
- IES remains a leader in the field of study abroad; with the singular focus of providing the best international education experience possible. Our academic standards, health & safety protocols, and support for students have become the industry standard
- Competitive salaries which consider market rates, individual experience, and qualification
- Opportunities for overtime
- A generous annual leave allowance (23 days; for each year of service one day is added up to 28 days) plus a further 8 bank holidays
- Friendly and supportive environment that encourages you to have a healthy work life balance (for example, time in lieu for required evening and weekend activities)
- Staff development and professional learning opportunities
- Ad hoc access to free confidential advice on a range of practical issues such as family matters, wellbeing, personal development
- Annual wellness fund towards maintaining a healthy lifestyle including both physical and mental well-being (available after 1 year of employment)
- Enhanced Pension Scheme (available after 1 year of employment)
Please email your CV and cover letter to Emma Blundell, Head of Student Affairs, at [email protected].