Closing date: 19 November 2023
Campus: Hybrid working with the main office at Strand
The King’s community is dedicated to the service of society. King’s Strategic Vision 2029 sets out our vision for the future, shaped around five priority areas: educate to inspire and improve; research to inform and innovate; serve to shape and transform; a civic university at the heart of London; and an international community that services the world. Our ambitious Education Strategy sets out the actions that we must take to transform how we teach, how and where our students learn and how we support them during their time with us.
Timetabling Services are responsible for overseeing the delivery of student timetables and room allocations for all teaching and ensuring the optimisation of space utilisation and provision of a high-quality service to staff and students.
We are part of the wider Students & Education Directorate, a collection of wide-ranging professional services in place to support King’s students and their education. As a directorate we manage the student lifecycle from application to graduation and beyond, to ensure a coherent and seamless student experience and effective administrative processes, working closely with King’s faculties to do so.
About the Role
The Senior Timetabling Coordinator will play a key role in the provision of a full academic timetabling service in support of our students and the Education Strategy. They will ensure that the requirements of the College are met through the optimisation of the teaching schedule and provide both first line technical and operational support for the College’s timetabling application.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to work in a fast paced administration department, and who wish to utilise their analytical and negotiation skills to provide a first class timetabling service to staff and students.
We encourage applications from candidates who have experience from both within and outside of the Higher Education sector where they can demonstrate the skills needed to succeed in this role.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post, but we welcome applications from candidates seeking a flexible work pattern within our necessary service operating hours.
- Support either the Timetabling Operations or the Timetabling Planning Manager in the supervision and co-ordination of cyclical business operations, identifying priorities and demonstrating flexibility throughout the cycle
- Co-ordinate day-to-day timetabling activity requests for faculty colleagues, providing responses as appropriate within agreed timeframes
- Assist in the organisation of User Groups to support new systems and cyclical support, and the training of staff who use our services
- Coordinate the delivery of statistical reports and returns as required, assisting in the preparation of data for the purposes of modelling and planning
- Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high-volume activity when the need arises
- Working closely with faculty colleagues to deliver more standardised procedures for delivering personal timetables and to facilitate effective space utilisation and enhanced customer experience
- Receive, investigate and resolve low-level issues and address service setbacks, exercising judgement and escalating to line manager where required
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.