Full Time (37 hours, 1 FTE)
Salary: Grade 5 / £28,929 – £32,411 per annum plus a London Weighting Allowance of £3,654 per annum
Location: London Campus
The Institute of Inner-City Learning is seeking to appoint a Senior Student Services Officer at its London Campus.
The Senior Student Services Officer will be responsible for ensuring that all stages of the London campus learner journey, from enrolment to graduation, run smoothly and efficiently. The post holder will be expected to ensure that the London campus maintains accurate and comprehensive student records which fully capture each learner’s unique journey as a UWTSD student. This will involve liaising regularly with central departments including the Registry, the Finance Office and the central Student Services team as well as with colleagues from the IICL campus itself. This responsibility will also include the need to work with the University’s databases and student records systems and will require strong and current IT competencies.
The role includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
- To ensure compliance with all UWTSD policies and requirements and those of relevant external Bodies, including, but not limited to Student Loans Company (SLC), UKVI and QAA;
- To ensure accurate and comprehensive student records are kept on the University’s data management systems;
- To work directly with students to ensure that they have adequate guidance and information throughout their learner journey;
- To coordinate the various branches of the central Student Services team;
- To ensure that student cases including but not limited to Leave of Absence and Interruption of Studies requests are accurately and efficiently processed;
- To administer the student attendance review and monitoring system in an effective and efficient manner;
- To monitor the Student Services email inbox to ensure all emails are dealt with in a timely efficient and effective manner;
- To provide training on a variety of aspects relating to Student Services and contribute to the training of a wider audience (e.g. academic staff) on student services-related processes;
You should have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of working in student services in the HE sector
- Experience of working with University systems, e.g. SITS, Celcat and Moodle or similar
- Effective organizational, teamworking, communication and IT skills
- Demonstrates self-motivation and ability to work unsupervised
- Demonstrates respect for a diverse range of people and recognises the importance of building sound working relationships
- Recognises the need for and demonstrates appropriate confidentiality
- Able and prepared to work flexibly, including travel between campuses and locations when required
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable ‘Person Specification’ criteria.
- Annual leave entitlement is 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
HOW TO APPLY
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button to start your application. Each page of your application will be saved when you click ‘Next’ or ‘Previous’.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
We expect interviews to take place in week commencing 31st July 2023.
Closing date: 23rd July 2023, 11:59 pm