If you are establishing your career as a scientist and you are looking for the best possible foundation for fulfilling your dreams and ambitions, it is right here in front of you. In the Astronomy and Atmospheric Division at DTU Space you will be part of a research group studying the birth, life and death of galaxies using world class telescopes.
Responsibilities and qualifications
Your overall focus will be to strengthen the department’s competences within mapping the role of distant dust star-forming galaxies in galaxy evolution models using multiwavelength observations. You will work with nearby colleagues, and with academic agencies in Denmark as well as abroad.
Your primary tasks will include:
- Optimise and develop methods to combine multi-wavelengths observations from radio, millimetre/sub-millimetre and near-infrared telescopes in order to facilitate detailed studies of high-redshift starburst galaxies.
- Project management for our activities focused on multi-wavelengths studies of highly star-forming distant dusty galaxies aiming to reveal the triggers and drivers of the star-formation activity
- Publish your findings in recognised international peer reviewed journals
- Present your research at national/international conferences
- You will contribute to research-based teaching and supervision of BSc and MSc student projects
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As a formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or postdoc. To be appointed as a senior researcher, you must have completed a didactic/pedagogic education. If you do not have the necessary education, then it is possible to complete this requirement within a period of two years of appointment.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Thomas Greve, tel.: +45 4525 9688.
You can read more about DTU Space at www.space.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 1 September 2023 (Danish time).