< img src= "https://jobeternal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/senior-researcher-in-ecotoxicity-of-nanomaterials-and-complex-samples.jpg" class= "ff-og-image-inserted" > Do you want to contribute to a safe and sustainable development of advanced nanomaterials and is environmental management at the top of your program? Then this position might be the right one for you.
At DTU Sustain you will get an opportunity to work at the absolute forefront in the advancement of ecotoxicological test systems for security evaluation of unique materials and complex environmental samples.
Obligations and qualifications
You will be responsible for organizing and executing screening campaigns of advanced nanomaterials and very complicated ecological samples in nationwide and global research jobs. This will involve screening of the marine toxicity with both freshwater and marine species along with bioaccumulation research studies with these. You primary jobs will be connected to research, however you will also teach and monitor BSc and MSc students, and be co-supervisor for PhD trainees. In addition, dissemination of lead to technical reports, task deliverables, and clinical papers will play a major role in your position. You will deal with close-by associates, and with both academic and industrial partners in Denmark along with abroad.
To fulfil these jobs, you should be able to document certifications within all of the following areas:
- Development of ecotoxicity and bioaccumulation tests for nanomaterials
- Insights in advanced microscopy strategies
- Single-particle- and single-cell-ICP MS approach advancement and application on nanomaterial suspensions and exposed organisms
- Entire effluent toxicity testing and toxicity recognition evaluation procedures of produced water from off-shore hydrocarbon extraction
- Experience from EU H2020 projects in task coordination and job dissemination
- Mentor experience in lab courses in ecotoxicity and risk assessment of chemicals
You need to add to mentor at the Department. You will be anticipated to learn Danish and have the ability to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
As a formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or comparable) as well as academic qualifications comparable to those obtained by holding a position as a scientist or postdoc. To be selected as a senior researcher, you must have finished a didactic/pedagogic education. If you do not have the needed education, then it is possible to finish this requirement within a period of 2 years of consultation.
You will be assessed versus the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general requirements:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and prospective
- International impact and experience
- Social effect
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and cooperation with industry
- Leadership, cooperation, and interdisciplinary abilities
- Communication skills
More info may be acquired from Head of Section Anders Baun, tel.: +45 4525 1567.
You can read more about the department at www.sustain.dtu.dk
If you are using from abroad, you may find helpful details on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU– Moving to Denmark.
Please send your online application no behind 3 June 2022 (Danish time).
To see the full announcement and to use, please click the above ‘Apply’ button.