< img src =" https://jobeternal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/senior-research-associate-aidesign-lab-3d-modelling-for-wellbeing-1-0fte-ftc-24-months.jpg" class="ff-og-image-inserted" > The Royal College of Art is the UK’s only entirely postgraduate institution of art and style, committed to teaching, research study and understanding exchange with market. The RCA has actually been ranked the top university-level institution for art & & design, globally, for the 8th successive year according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022.
Applications are welcomed for a Senior Research Associate, to support the Principal Investigator in the research study project– “3D modelling for wellness”. This job focuses on mapping posture behaviours in the 3D environment utilizing novel sensory options to examine the results of incorrect postures on office health and wellbeing and general health and to suggest personalised interventions in cooperation with the RCA’s Computer Science Research Centre (CSRC) and the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design. You will belong to a dynamic group of professionals in computer technology, medicine, and inclusive style responsible for curation of a posture database, assessment of its impact on musculoskeletal spine conditions using machine learning with the help of professionals and end-users. The CSRC gain from strong collaborations with domain industry partners, dedicated research study laboratories and calculating centers, and detailed tech-focused training courses that are available to the post holder through their visit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake high-quality, rigorous, and (where relevant) collaborative research study which result in robust research outcomes for the AiDesign Lab project.
- To establish individual research objectives and interests that align carefully with broader project plans, working with the Co-PIs to make sure these remain in line with the tactical direction of the project, the lab and of the college.
- Where proper, to prepare and submit funding proposals in collaboration with project staff member to UK and worldwide research study funders, market partners and other funding sources, to support the laboratory’s research program and the post-holder’s own research profession advancement strategies.
- In collaboration with project team members, to manage the award, ensuring execution of proposed research, effective management of resources, and reliable shipment of research results and effects.
- To work with scholastic, industry and third sector partners as suitable on collective research and knowledge exchange to attain the deliverables of the 3D Modelling for wellness job.
- To support engagement with partnering business, carrying out collective research study and contributing to working relationships to preserve a productive partnership.
- To produce and share research study outputs. These outputs might appropriate for submission to the nationwide Research Excellence Framework (REF) workout, with a quality of a minimum of 3 * according to the REF meaning.
The successful candidate should have the ability to show a minimum of among the following:
PhD in an appropriate field (style research, HCI), or equivalent level of experience in a various sector or a Masters degree and substantial experience in research tasks.
Along with proof of producing quality research study outputs pertinent to the profession stage and discipline, you will know machine learning and artificial neural networks, Python for machine learning and AI for Health and Wellbeing.
Research competence in spatiotemporal analysis (evidenced by publications) and hands-on experience of shows language (C, C++, Python)
The Senior Research Associate will be required to hang around in Hong Kong at least when a year for the employment duration.