Contract: Fixed-term 12-24 months (TBC)
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI (odi.org) is an independent, global think tank. We work to inspire people to act on injustice and inequality. Through research, convening and influencing, we generate ideas that matter for people and planet.
We are looking for a Senior Programme Manager to join the Project Management team. ODI operate a flexible hybrid working policy and welcome applications from those based in the UK.
Overall responsibilities, in coordination with the Head of Strategic Operations and in support of the Director of Programme will include:
- Managing the programme’s portfolio and key external and internal partnerships, supporting its strategy and planning, and coordinating its business development, to ensure alignment of the programme with ODI’s objectives, standards and Global Strategy.
- Supporting the management of the programme and directly overseeing the project management (PM) function within the programme, to ensure effective and efficient coordination – across research, communication and PM staff – of programme operations as well as effective communication flow and internal coherence.
- Coordinating programme finances and directly overseeing the PM functional role in financial management, to enable the programme to achieve high levels of financial performance and quality of financial management.
- Managing and supporting a team of other PM staff assigned within the programme.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of the project cycle management field and methodologies
- Knowledge of budgeting and costing methodologies and ability to apply them
- Good understanding of financial management as part of the project cycle
- Knowledge of key issues and actors in international development, with a focus on the relevant thematic areas of the programme
- Significant experience in donor compliance and relationship management, including partnership building
- Costing and budgeting experience for complex multi-year, multi-partners, multi-donor projects
- Experience managing large complex projects throughout the full project cycle
- Experience coordinating and managing the development of proposals, producing internal reports and overseeing donor/partner and knowledge management
- Proven experience of conducting contract negotiation independently and of building effective partnerships
- Experience in setting up and monitoring compliance with operational processes and procedures
- Experience of managing staff to tight deadlines in a team environment
- Experience working with developing country partner organisations
- Experience in line managing staff and coordinating project teams
- Proven ability to understand the needs of donors and partners and to make business-oriented decisions
- Proven ability to innovate and improve working practices to overcome problems and emerging issues.
- Strong inter-personal and team-work skills
- Exceptional planning, organisation and execution skills
- Strong and clear communication skills: written, verbal and visual
- Ability to lead and coordinate agile project teams
Closing date: 26th June 2022, 23:59 but early applications are strongly encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For more information, please visit our website https://odi.org/en/careers/.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248