Job Family: Research Funding
Location: TWICKENHAM – SW London / Hybrid
Job Status: 12 months contract / to permanent
We are interested in speaking to professionals interested in the translation of Medtech and digital health innovations, we are looking for maternity cover for a Senior Programme Manager for 12 months with a good possibility of going permanent, to support the delivery of the healthcare research funding programmes that we manage.
As Senior Research Programme Manager you will be part of a team monitoring NIHR i4i projects beyond their completion date, using a variety of tools and analyses to ensure the collection, visualisation and reporting of appropriate metrics for effective outputs monitoring, identification of case studies and evaluation of impact.
Additional responsibilities will include supporting all aspects of the commissioning of new research and development projects and the effective management of a portfolio of active projects.
We are looking for an individual with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, and a good understanding of the wider research funding landscape.
- Monitoring and analysis of completed NIHR i4i projects
- Supporting all aspects of translational funding and scoping potential call themes
- Reviewing the scientific, technical and clinical rationale, analysis of project budgets
- Evaluation of proposed intellectual property protection and freedom to operate
- Assessment of the proposed adoption and commercialisation strategies
- Negotiating funding agreements for projects recommended for funding
- Managing a portfolio of funded projects at various stages of development
- Liaising regularly with internal and external stakeholders
- MSc or PhD with postdoctoral research experience or equivalent experience in industry
- Research experience in either, funding or management
- Technology transfer within the Medical device industry, biotech or pharma
- Experience of managing diverse internal and external relationships
- The ability to critically analyse and assess complex scientific, technical and clinical issues
- Understanding of intellectual property and commercial aspects
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including effective prioritisation
- Committed team player with the ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent attention to detail, including meticulous record keeping
- Good IT skills
Salary & Benefits
£42,000 to £44,500 PA
Wide range of core benefits
Hours: 0900 to 1730 Mon to Fri
Location: Twickenham / Hybrid Remote
Interested in learning more about this exciting position with one of the UK’s largest and most prestigious funders of research, please submit a cover letter and CV and one of the team will be in touch.