Senior Programme Manager, Medtech and Digital Healthcare Innovations (45742) (sabacloud.com)
The Grant Management Group, part of the National Institute for Health and Care Research, is a dynamic organisation that design, implement and monitor, research funding programmes for the UK Government and other public funders. Our 220+ staff based in Twickenham, SW London, manage over £550 million a year of research funds that accelerate and deliver world class research that transforms people’s lives.
We are seeking a motivated Senior Programme Manager to join our Innovations Team to support the delivery of the healthcare research funding programmes that we manage, including the NIHR i4i programme, SBRI Healthcare NHS Cancer Programmes and the Artificial Intelligence in Health and Care Award.
You will play a key role in the Innovations team, supporting the day-to-day delivery of a translational funding programme.
You will be involved in the commissioning of new competitions, and you will manage a portfolio of exciting projects led by small and medium enterprises, academia and NHS Trusts which are involved in making an impact in the NHS and the UK economy. You are expected to develop close relationships with innovators and entrepreneurs, drive the collection of outcomes, contribute to the generation of case studies and participate in the planning of ad hoc events, workshops and/or webinars.
Programme operations and commissioning
- Supporting all aspects of translational funding
- Supporting Programme Leads and the Assistant Director
Due diligence, contracting and portfolio management
- Undertaking due diligence of funding proposals
- Evaluation of proposed intellectual property protection and freedom to operate
- Assessment of the proposed adoption and commercialisation strategies
- Negotiating funding agreements for projects recommended for funding
- Managing a portfolio of projects at various stages of development
- Leading on portfolio analysis and collection of relevant metrics
- Contributing to the generation of case studies for programme promotion
Comms & engagement
- Supporting the delivery of communications and engagement activities or leading on elements thereof, including competition promotion and launch events, newsletters and annual reports
- Engagement with SMEs, funders, charities, the investment community
- Liaising regularly with internal and external stakeholder
- Direct line management of Programme Managers
- Mentoring and training of new and existing staff
You have a good understanding of the UK health innovation ecosystem and an appreciation of current and evolving technology developments and commercial exploitation routes and ideally you have some experience of working across industry, NHS and academia.
- Educated to MSc/PhD level in biomedical, health or engineering
- Experience of working in research management, technology transfer environment, health tech accelerators, start-ups and/or organisations supporting innovation
- Experience of working within multiple areas of the health, social care and life sciences sector including industry, academia and the NHS with proven experience in commercially focused projects
- Understanding of intellectual property and commercial aspects in relation to research commercialisation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven organisational and prioritisation
Role Details & Benefits
Up to £44,000 to £46,500 PA
Wide range of core benefits
Hours: 0900 to 1730 Mon to Fri
Location: Twickenham / Hybrid Remote
Interested in learning more about this exciting position with the GMG Group, part of the NIHR one of the UK’s largest and most prestigious funder of research, please submit your CV along with a cover letter indicating your suitability for the role and your motivation to apply.