House of Commons
The House of Commons is a unique and exciting place to work right at the heart of the UK’s thriving democratic system.
Behind the scenes, the House of Commons Service is made up of more than 3,000 employees who support and facilitate the smooth day to day running of the House. They provide professional services to Members of Parliament, their staff, and the wider parliamentary community.
The Research & Information Team (R&I) provides information resources and research and enquiry services for Members of Parliament, their staff and staff of the House. It is composed of the House of Commons Library and the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST).
The Library Services directorate within the House of Commons Library provides a range of bibliographic resources and services to researchers. The directorate also provides core and responsive user education for House staff in research roles and a range of training for Members’ staff.
The postholder will work closely with colleagues in POST to ensure the effective and efficient use of information tools and resources, taking account of changing user needs and developments in information management.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Take responsibility for developing a continuously evolving range of liaison, training, and other Library services to support users in POST.
- Provide tailored group and 1:1 training to staff to encourage effective use of bibliographic databases, bibliographic management software and other appropriate electronic resources to enable efficient desktop research and to conduct in-depth literature reviews
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- A CILIP-accredited degree level Library or Information Management qualification, or a commitment to obtaining such a qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and delivering user education in a research library or Parliamentary context
- Experience of building effective relationships with people and an ability to persuade, influence and challenge others at all levels and from different professional backgrounds, both within a team and across the wider organisation
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with the ability to translate aims into practical objectives, ensuring high quality service delivery across multiple teams
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to communicate complex issues to non-specialists and actively communicate to different audiences using a variety of methods.
Next Steps and Additional Information
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter with a 500-word limit.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found in the Job Description.
We are piloting sending interview questions in advance of the interview stage to all candidates who are invited to interview. Questions will be sent to you after your interview slot is confirmed.
Please note that most job offers will be made at the minimum of the salary range, other than in exceptional circumstances.