Job profile overview – 13 months fixed term
We are seeking to recruit a highly experienced, enthusiastic and ambitious Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered Occupational Therapist to support the validation of a new MSc Occupational Therapy degree pre-registration programme at St Mary’s University, Twickenham. Initially, the role will involve designing the curriculum, and then taking the programme through a successful validation and accreditation process with RCOT and HCPC. Thereafter, to lead, manage, implement and teach on the new programme.
You will join our growing team of dynamic and visionary health professionals in Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Public Health and Sports Rehabilitation to ensure effective student recruitment, high quality teaching and student experience, and successful student outcomes.
We are seeking a Registered Occupational Therapist who is able to:
- Support the validation and accreditation of a new MSc Occupational Therapy pre-registration programme.
- Lead curriculum development for the new course (including working with appropriate partners and stakeholders) and to implement the programme.
- Provide course management and teaching, supporting the Faculty’s activities in Occupational Therapy (OT) and Allied Health development going forwards.
You will also:
- Have well-developed and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of critical, practical, and theoretical issues relevant to contemporary occupational therapy practice within today’s healthcare system
- Have experience of RCOT and HCPC validation and accreditation process.
- Have experience of teaching, training, or supervising OT students within clinical practice and/or at undergraduate and/ or postgraduate level.
- Have an understanding of the pre-registration BSc and MSc Occupational therapy academic routes, as well as the OT apprenticeship programme.
- Display an understanding and knowledge of student placements and processes.
- The ability to inspire and enthuse students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
The University offers academic and professional development and provides a Post Graduate Certificate Teaching Qualification for Lecturers who do not hold a recognised teaching qualification. You must be HCPC registered and hold membership with Royal College of Occupational Therapy (RCOT)
Informal enquiries should be addressed to Dr Kee Hean LIM (Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy) Email: [email protected]
Since 1850, St Mary’s mission has been to provide a high-quality professional environment, inspired by its distinctive ethos and values. The University is an inclusive academic community, where everybody is welcomed.
Closing date 22nd September 2023 at 23:00 hours
Interview date: 2nd October 2023
St Mary’s is on an exciting journey of transformation and growth, to benefit students, staff and the wider St Mary’s community. As the University builds on its proud heritage, it will be looking for exceptional people to help shape its progressive future.
The University is committed to being an inclusive employer and will consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who would like to work part time/job share/flexibly.