Location: Charing Cross Campus, Hammersmith, London
Applications are invited for the post of Senior Lecturer in Global Population Health within Imperial College’s School of Public Health (SPH). As a Senior Lecturer, you will support the leadership and management of a new NIHR Global Health Research Centre on NCDs and Environment Change with Bangladesh, India and Indonesia as focus countries. Principal Investigators for the Centre are Prof Christopher Millett (School of Public Health) and Prof Vivekanand Jha (George Institute for Global Health, India).
The ambition of the NIHR Global Health Research Centre is to become a recognised centre of excellence on non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and global environmental change in low and middle-income countries (LMICs), offering world-leading research, training and policy advice for health equity. Research capacity building and community engagement and involvement are integral to achieving this ambition.
We are looking for a candidate with a well-attested record of excellent research, a national or international reputation (commensurate with the level of appointment) and the vision, leadership, experience and enthusiasm to build on current strengths in maintaining and developing a leading research presence. The appointee will have a proven track record of grant awards and excellent publications, with an emphasis on the field of environmental change and health.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management to Centre activities – alongside the Centre Program Director based at TGI India – including research programme development and implementation, research capacity strengthening and community engagement and involvement.
- Initiate and develop, direct and lead on the development and submission of grant proposals related to individual research interests in line with the strategic research themes and priorities of the Centre
- To supervise, train and mentor research staff and students at the highest scientifically rigorous levels.
- To obtain funds and research grants and to encourage and guide junior research staff to do the same.
- Manage a range of high-profile research projects and associated staff and students
- Teach on undergraduate, masters and higher research degrees – through lectures, seminars, tutorials, course work and personal supervision
- A national reputation and expertise in a relevant field (implementation science, health policy evaluation, environmental health, health economics)
- A track record of attracting research funding
- Proven experience in a scientific area of strategic importance to the NIHR Centre
- Evidence of contribution to the development and performance of colleagues through coaching and mentoring
- Extensive experience in leading the design of research programmes
- An excellent publication record
- Experience of training Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
- Experience of supervision of higher degrees (PhD)
The post is full-time and open ended, subject to satisfactory academic progress. See more info on salary and terms & conditions.
Candidates are required to complete an online application via our website at https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Professor Christopher Millett [email protected]