Salary: £46,934 – £55,299 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
King’s College London is one of the world’s top universities with an ambitious vision, the successful outcome of which is in large part dependent on its ability to communicate and engage effectively with the university’s communities of students and staff. An exciting opportunity has arisen for two experienced Internal Communications Managers to join the Corporate Communications team.
The Senior Communications Managers (Internal Communications) will be key players in developing and managing communications and engagement for both staff and students across the university. They will provide sound strategic communications advice to senior leaders, support on developing and implementing successful communication and engagement strategies and manage and measure the delivery of pan-university communication plans. They will also be a custodian of the university’s external reputation, supporting on the university’s issues communication response.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will be a driven person with significant experience in employee/internal communications and a proven track record in strategic communications and reputation management. You will have a passion for improving staff and student experience and keeping them connected and informed.
You will use your experience to devise and implement effective communications that is meaningful, inclusive and engaging for diverse audiences and that support and align to the university’s vision and the Corporate Communications strategy. You will be able to manage and influence multiple stakeholders often with differing priorities. You will be a team player who can adapt quickly and responsively to changing priorities and someone who is willing to get stuck in and support others when necessary to ensure effective delivery.
We have two posts available, which are offered on a full time basis (35 hours per week) on an indefinate contract.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Interest in and understanding of the higher education sector
- A proven track record in strategic internal communications and reputation management in a complex, matrix organisation.
- Experience of developing and implementing communication strategies and plans working with a wide range of stakeholders and colleagues
- First class writing and communication skills with a great eye for detail and ability to flex and adapt tone and language to engage difference audiences.
- Ability to simplify complex information to aid understanding and engagement across the university.
- Proven ability to provide strategic advice on communications approach, planning and execution for key stakeholders.
- Significant experience of building effective relationships with senior leaders and in showing strong influencing, coaching and stakeholder management skills that lead to positive quantifiable outcomes.
- Experience of creating engaging content and adapting tone and style for different audiences
- Experience in multimedia technologies (intranet, sharepoint, contensis, Poppulo, Canva)
- Previous experience of working in the higher education sector
- Experience of crisis and issues management