Campus: Lavington Street, Guys Campus
This role sits within the University’s Transformation team, reporting to the Associate Director, Change Management within the well-regarded Strategy, Planning & Analytics Directorate (SPA). The team works closely with the other teams in SPA – Strategy, and Analytics.
The Transformation team supports the senior leadership of the university in effective strategy execution and driving sustainable improvements to our core business. The team is also called on to support King’s to address major risks and issues, especially where these are cross-organisational in nature.
The team’s remit includes delivering a portfolio of change and implementation projects, defining methodologies and standards for project and programme management, change management and process improvement, and building organisational capacity. The team may also play a role in overseeing the institution’s project and programme portfolio.
The Change Management team provides change management support across a number of strategic projects as well as consultancy and training throughout the University.
This role will manage the delivery of change management across King’s transformation portfolio. The remit will be guided by the strategic aims to deliver transformation and influencing on the take up of change management.
The postholder will work to deliver:
- Effective transformation by increasing staff awareness and engagement and ensuring that change management plans are built into wider project and programme planning
- Change management plans which include impact assessment, sponsor roadmaps, resistance and communications plans
- Coaching and guiding sponsors through the phases of change
- University wide awareness and capability in change management by working closely with the Associate Director, Change Management, and building and contributing to the broader university change community of practice and Transformation Network
- Providing change management training, coaching, tools and consultation/advice across the University
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post. Hybrid working is the norm and flexible working is available.
- The postholder will work across a wide range of projects central to King’s future success. Responsibilities will vary by project but will include:
Delivery of Change Management on Strategic transformation initiatives
- Preparing and delivering change management activities on assigned transformation projects
- Capturing risks and issues associated with change management and contribute to appropriate mitigations.
- Through engagement with stakeholders identify areas of resistance and evaluate stakeholder readiness for change
- Provide advice and coaching to project managers, teams and sponsors on their role in delivering successful change
- To proactively engage with diverse stakeholders across the University, building strong relationships.
Change Service Delivery
- Support the Associate Directors, Change Management to build change capability across Kings via training, coaching, tools and advice.
- Continually drive for effective change management across King’s including through the transformation network and change community of practice
- To provide expert advice and act as a champion for change management and best practice approaches across the university.
You will work with colleagues across transformation, and the directorate to draw in expertise and skills from others as required to ensure the success of projects. In addition, you will be expected to contribute to the development of team, Directorate and organisational capabilities.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.