The Alan Turing Institute
The Alan Turing Institute is the UK’s national institute for data science and artificial intelligence whose mission is to make great leaps in data science and artificial intelligence research in order to change the world for the better.
The Research Project Manager will coordinate and oversee a portion of the Defence and security programme’s portfolio of activity and research projects, support the Senior Programme Manager to ensure activity is delivered to business requirements, specification, time and budget, and share their expertise with others as an active member of the Turing community. The role will include managing a portfolio of high-impact research projects, as well as overseeing, planning, organising and communicating the activities generated by those projects.
The post holder will work with the Programme’s scientific leadership and Senior Programme Manager, academic researchers and industry partners to coordinate each research project or workstream from concept to implementation.
The Research Project Manager will need to liaise closely with Institute research and operations staff remotely, in London, and at university and research centre partners. They will be expected to liaise, and build strong relationships, with our industry partners, academic partners and funding bodies.
DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Research Project Management and Delivery
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of research projects and workstreams.
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of internal and external engagement activity including events, training, and knowledge exchange initiatives.
- Maintain up-to-date records that enable effective monitoring, control and evaluation of the programme’s research initiatives;
- Produce regular reports on activity to external partners and funders.
Programme Operations and Resources Management
- Perform resource planning and financial analysis for the programme.
- Coordinate the delivery of strong programme governance
- Working with the People team, organise the recruitment of additional programme researchers or administrative staff if required.
- Providing day-to-day support to the Senior Programme Manager, Programme Director and programme research leadership.
- Degree or equivalent level of professional qualifications and/or experience
- Relevant experience in project management
- Excellent project management and organisational skills: the ability to plan, execute, and keep on schedule numerous projects in an organised fashion
Please see our portal for a full breakdown of the Job Description.
Terms and Conditions
This full time post is offered on a permenant basis. The annual salary is £36,236 – £42,000 plus excellent benefits, including flexible working and family friendly policies, https://www.turing.ac.uk/work-turing/why-work-turing/employee-benefits
Please see our jobs portal for full details on how to apply and the interview process.
Closing date: 21 August 2022 at 23:59.
Equality Diversity and Inclusion
The Alan Turing Institute is committed to creating an environment where diversity is valued and everyone is treated fairly. In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments to the interview process can also be made for any candidates with a disability.