Location: The Francis Crick Institute, Midland Road, London
The Research Management Support (RMS) team sits within the COO office and provides support to the Crick’s senior scientific leadership across a range of activities including: Group Leader recruitment and review; laboratory resource management; university partnership activity; science strategy, analysis and writing; policy development and horizon scanning; and business management support to the COO and the senior scientific leadership.
The Research Management Administration Officer is a new role which will report to the Group Leader Recruitment Manager and work closely with other members of the RMS team and the wider operational teams.
Purpose of the Role
This is a key role to provide:
- Administrative support for the Group Leader recruitment and review processes;
- Administrative support within the RMS team, including committee management;
- PA support to the Crick’s Director of Scientific Platforms and Clinical Director;
- Cover, as and where necessary, for the PAs to the senior leadership team.
The Francis Crick Institute is a biomedical discovery institute dedicated to understanding the fundamental biology underlying health and disease. Its work is helping to understand why disease develops and to translate discoveries into new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, infections, and neurodegenerative diseases.
An independent organisation, its founding partners are the Medical Research Council (MRC), Cancer Research UK, Wellcome, UCL (University College London), Imperial College London and King’s College London.
The Crick was formed in 2015, and in 2016 it moved into a new state-of-the-art building in central London which brings together 1500 scientists and support staff working collaboratively across disciplines, making it the biggest biomedical research facility under in one building in Europe.
The Francis Crick Institute will be world-class with a strong national role. Its distinctive vision for excellence includes commitments to collaboration; developing emerging talent and exporting it the rest of the UK; public engagement; and helping turn discoveries into treatments as quickly as possible to improve lives and strengthen the economy.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply via our website.
- The closing date for applications is 27/07/2022 at 23:59.
- All offers of employment are subject to successful security screening and continuous eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.