Location: St. Marys Campus
This post plays a crucial role in providing a frontline support to academic and department staff in all aspects of post award research administration. You will be responsible for advising and supporting on all non-scientific aspects of the grant management process with a particular focus on sound financial management of the research portfolio of accounts across multiple funder types, in accordance with the funders’ terms and conditions. In addition, you will keep robust reconciliations, produce accurate financial statements, and administer regular account reviews to maintain a high-service level standard to our internal and external customers.
Staff are supported by a knowledgeable and approachable team, and the postholder will have the opportunity to develop both personal and management skills to achieve their potential and further their career.
You will be a numerate financial administrator with experience in financial management, accurate and timely reporting, and a working knowledge of TRAC and FEC methodologies. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to form effective working relationships with staff at all levels within and outside the College.
Duties and responsibilities
- Pro-actively administer and have ownership for a portfolio of research grants and contract agreements for a wide range of funders, using a claims report management methodology and manage other research grant routines and procedures.
- Accurately calculate and transfer overheads, indirect and estates costs to Departments and Faculty using the appropriate methodology.
- Maintain accurate reconciliations of all accounts within your portfolio.
- Download, interpret and manipulate systems-based financial data for internal and external customers.
- Generate invoices in line with the Terms and Conditions of the funders.
- Prepare and complete basic and complex financial statements for sign off by Grants Manager.
- Deal with general day to day queries from Departments and Credit Control on all aspects of research administration.
- Review post award monthly exception reports on a regular basis and take the appropriate remedial action to ensure the accuracy of data is maintained.
- Support your line manager and team with regular account reviews for our main funders.
- Ensure the College has fulfilled its obligations prior to closing the research account.
- Build strong relationships with both Departmental and Trust based staff along with other Central functions.
- Deliver a strong communication network across your local teams to create a “one team” ethic to help and support each other at post-award.
- Continually improve the need for standardisation and consistency across the teams.
- To support your line manager in achieving the strategic intent, goals and objectives of the JRO.
- Proven experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow clear and defined procedures
- Experience working in research administration
- Experience of data interpretation
- Accounting skills
- IT skills, especially in finance related software and Excel
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to build relationships
- A clear understanding of the need for, and practice of, customer focus and customer relations skills
This post is Full Time and Permanent based at the Hammersmith Campus, London.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Julie Williams at [email protected]
Closing date: 28 June 2022
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference MED03210