< img src=" https://jobeternal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/research-associate-in-data-science-and-machine-learning.jpg" class =" ff-og-image-inserted" > Location: Hammersmith Campus
Applications are invited for an up to 3-year postdoctoral research study position within the Computational Cardiac Imaging Group, led by Prof Declan O’Regan. We are looking for an information scientist with experience in developing brand-new approaches for evaluating high-dimensional medical data.
This post becomes part of a 5-year BHF program using machine learning and innovative information science to comprehend the causes and outcomes of cardiovascular disease through analysis of heart movement integrated with genetics and other medical information. We are developing systems that examine big scale imaging data, including cardiac MRIs in UK Biobank, and transform this to device legible type for classification and forecast tasks. This consists of recent deal with outcome prediction (Bello et al, Nature Machine Intelligence, 2019), finding systems of heart advancement (Meyer et al, Nature 2020), and discovering prospective new treatments for cardiac arrest (Thanaj et al, Nature Cardiovascular Research, 2022).
Responsibilities and Responsibilities
- To undertake research concentrated on the objectives of the BHF program
- To take initiatives in the planning of research and pro-actively engage with collaborators
- To carry out carefully reproducible science and utilize proper data science tools
- To work together with other allied researchers within Imperial College and in other places in London and abroad, as proper.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the Group’s/ Unit’s laboratories and, centers with other researchers, clinicians, professionals and trainees within the labs.
- To assist in the guidance of undergraduate and postgraduate research students and research study assistants as required.
- A PhD in Mathematics, Data Science, or a closely associated discipline
- Background in data, mathematics and machine learning
- Excellent programming skills in one appropriate language (e.g. R, C++ or Python)
This is a Full time and Fixed Term function up until August 2025.
Candidates who have not yet been formally granted their PhD will be appointed as a Research Assistant within the income variety ₤ 36,694 – ₤ 39,888 per year.
Ought to you require any additional information on the function please contact– Prof O’Regan ([email protected]!.?.!) Closing date: 10/07/22 To use, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job recommendation MED03230. Click Here to Apply For The Job