Campus: South Kensington, London
Closing date: 4th September 2023
Are you a Biomedical engineer who is looking for their next opportunity?
Applications are invited for a biomedical engineer with an interest in data analysis and human-data interaction to join the Biomechanics Group at Imperial College London, and the Multiscale Cardiovascular Engineering Group at University College London.
Funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (grant EP/X000257/1), the successful applicant will join a multidisciplinary team to develop a digital twin for community-based diagnosis of heart disease.
This position will explore how to analyse multimodal data (e.g. from questionnaires, wearables, medical devices, etc) and present it as a meaningful snapshot to aid diagnoses for clinicians, and to inform patients. This will include analysing data collected by the wider research team, investigating human-device and human-data interaction and working with stakeholders to refine data presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyse the pilot data (wearables, questionnaires) collected by the wider team and develop techniques to extract key information from these large datasets.
- Work with stakeholders (patients, clinicians) to develop data snapshots the data.
- Research human-device and human-data interaction for the purposes of at-home monitoring.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- For appointment at Associate level, you will hold a PhD in Biomedical Engineering or a closely related discipline, or have equivalent research, industrial or commercial experience.
- You will have knowledge of the field of cardiology.
- Prior experience researching human-device/human-data interaction is highly desirable, as would be a deep knowledge of data reduction techniques.
This is a fixed term position for up to 12 months in the first instance.
This position is eligible for a hybrid working structure, with a minimum of 2 days per week on site.
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as a Research Assistant within the salary range £40,694 to £43,888 per annum.
Queries relating to the position should be directed to Dr Richard van Arkel at [email protected].
To apply, please click “APPLY NOW” to go through to the online application form. Should you have any queries regarding the application process please contact [email protected].
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.