Location: London (Chancery Lane)
Job Description and Person Specification
The Council of the Inns of Court and the Inns of Court College of Advocacy
The Council of the Inns of Court (COIC) is a charity with the object of advancing education in the administration and practice of the law, including promoting high standards of advocacy. COIC advances this principally through the activities of the Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA) which provides leadership, guidance and co-ordination in relation to the pursuit of excellence in advocacy and professional ethics for barristers. The role of the ICCA has expanded to include the vocational training of barristers.
The Bar Course
The Inns of Court remain determined to make the Bar more accessible to the ablest people. Working through COIC, it has developed a new Bar Course that delivers high quality training at an affordable price; facilitating access to the profession for those who were barred by the high cost and high risk inherent in the previous regime. The ICCA course is a flexible and blended programme that utilises both online and face-to-face components with a strong focus on high standards in both phases.
The ICCA is seeking to appoint a Registry Administrator to work as part of the Registry Team to provide professional, friendly and high-quality administrative support to the ICCA’s growing student body. Reporting to the Student Services Manager and Admissions Manager, they will act as a first point of contact for enquiries, maintain student records and assist with key events in the student lifecycle. They will work with colleagues across the organisation to help facilitate the successful delivery of the Bar Course.
- To work collaboratively with the other members of the Registry Team to provide an outstanding administrative support service.
- To act as the ICCA’s professional and friendly first point of contact, handling queries promptly, effectively and discreetly.
- To provide high quality support to all the ICCA’s students – prospective, current and past; communicating with them both individually and en masse, and efficiently handling requests to produce documentation including confirmations of status, etc.
- Provide a first point of contact for enquiries from current students and staff relating to wellbeing and pastoral support requirements, providing first line information and advice to students through different channels
- To maintain the ICCA’s student records, ensuring they are accurate, up to date and verified where necessary, using a variety of systems including Tribal Group’s ‘EBS’ student management software and the HEI Apply applications system.
- To provide comprehensive support to all key events in the student lifecycle, including admissions, selection, enrolment and examinations.
- To input and make changes to the timetable in EBS, as well as handling class change requests and room bookings.
- To process fee income and outgoing expenditure, resolving payment queries using a variety of systems.
- To support the development and improvement of student systems and processes, including through taking part in testing.
- To assist academic staff members with the operational delivery of the ICCA course, including arranging careers advice or pastoral support where necessary.
- To assist other members of the ICCA team with general administrative, event organisation and committee support as necessary.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
COIC is seeking to appoint the Registry Administrator on a permanent contract. There will be a six-month probationary period.
- Salary £23 – 25,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Death in Service Benefit
- 15% Defined Pension Contribution by the employer (after 3 months)
- Private Health Insurance (after completion of probation)
- The ICCA is based at 33 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1EN by March 2021.
For a full job description and Person Specification please follow this link