Campus: Strand – Bush House
The purpose of this role is to support the research aims of the Qatar Centre for Global Banking and Finance.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research projects closely linked to the centre that lead to publications in leading international journals.
About Qatar Centre for Global Banking and Finance
The Qatar Centre in Global Banking and Finance (QCGBF) is a research centre dedicated to the study of central banks and the challenges they face in the global environment. It aims to develop cutting-edge research in all areas of central bank policymaking, ranging from monetary policy to financial stability and regulation.
The Centre research agenda covers the following topics.
- Rethinking central bank mandates and governance
- Understanding new and emerging threats to economic stability
- Developing new theoretical and data analytic techniques
Topics of especial current interest are digital currencies, crypto-assets, climate change and its possible implications for financial stability, big-data analytics and economic forecasting.
About the Faculty
King’s Business School is the ninth and newest faculty at King’s College London, emerging out of the renowned School of Management & Business to become a separate King’s faculty on 1 August 2017. King’s Business School is a research-intensive Business School which combines the agility of a start-up with the benefit of being part of a world-leading, multi-faculty institution.
King’s Business School currently comprises a growing body of 100 academic staff and 40 professional services staff led by the Dean, Professor Stephen Bach. King’s Business School will be mission led and connect with business, start-ups, social enterprise and with a clear ambition to make the world a better place. Professor Bach is currently working with key stakeholders to sharpen the vision for the new Business School, and to establish a distinctive and compelling approach that reflects the challenges facing business and government in an increasingly volatile and uncertain world.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract until September 2024
This is a full time post – 100% full time equivalent
- Work under the guidance and leadership of the QCGBF Directors, to support research and impact/knowledge transfer work in the area of central banks, defined by Centre’s the research agenda.
- Analyse data, and support in writing peer reviewed articles and prepare research grant proposals.
- Maintain good relations with members of the research centre and other colleagues, facilitating research, research evaluation and dissemination.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Directors.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.