Founded in 1882, The Royal College of Music (RCM) is a world leading music conservatoire with a prestigious history and contemporary outlook. Our excellence was recognised by the 2023 QS World University Rankings, in which we were ranked as the global top institution for performing arts by Subject.
The RCM’s Marketing & Communications team is responsible for maintaining and developing the profile of the College as a world-leader in music education and has a strategic responsibility for overseeing and supporting all print and online communications (internal and external) ensuring quality and consistency in keeping with the RCM’s vision and brand.
The RCM is seeking to engage a Publications & Content Officer to join its Marketing & Communications department and lead on the production and delivery of the RCM’s extensive portfolio of print and online publications – including Upbeat, the Events Guide, Prospectus and Annual Review. The successful postholder supports the Marketing Manager to develop and enhance the profile and brand vision of the RCM internationally, nationally and internally through an extensive range of print and digital publications
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication and organisation skills and will be adept at contributing fresh and original ideas to enhance and strengthen the RCM’s brand vision
- Strong editorial skills, a good eye for detail and proofreading, and a passion for producing compelling print publications
- Excellent, engaging copywriting skills
- Experience of the entire print publication process, from initial concept and scheduling to delivery and distribution
- Good knowledge and experience in the process of digital publishing
- Confidence in juggling a busy work schedule and be excited at the prospect of working in an artistic environment
This post is offered on a permanent, full-time basis and is available from the end of September 2023.
For full details of this position please read the Applicant Information Pack, available to download from the RCM website: www.rcm.ac.uk/jobs
To apply, please complete our 1) Application form and 2) Equal Opportunities form (available to download from the RCM website) and submit in Word or PDF format by email to [email protected]
CVs without an application form will not be accepted. Please ensure that you include the Job Reference Number when submitting your application.
The RCM is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for all our staff, students and visitors.