The Programs Coordinator will support the Director and Senior Programs Coordinator in the running of the London Study Centre. The position demands excellent numeracy and organizational skills with an impeccable commitment to student services. Candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to deal with a variety of tasks simultaneously both individually and as part of a small but busy team. The role will require flexibility and occasional work outside normal working hours including weekends. The role would ideally suit a recent graduate, who has studied abroad or has an interest in the US and its history/culture.
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week (typically 9am–5.30pm)
Reporting to: Director, London Study Centre
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 24th September 2023
Salary: £28,000 per annum
The Accent London Study Centre staff work together to provide logistical and academic support to study abroad students from the United States. The Study Centre has five classrooms, a student lounge, a library and office space. Accent London runs full semester programs, including academic courses taught by London-based faculty and shorter programs taught by visiting faculty from the US. A lively program of guest speakers and events complement the students’ academic courses.
Accent has offices in London, Paris, Madrid, Florence, Rome, Sicily and the US. For more information about Accent please see the website https://accentglobal.com/
- Reception, meeting visitors, dealing with routine phone calls, post, etc
- Handling student enquiries
- Accompanying students on site visits and field trips both within London and throughout the UK
- Ensuring classrooms and the Study Centre are properly prepared for classes
- Assisting with special events held at the centre
- Organising and keeping track of bookings made for student visits
- Supporting other members of the team
- Organising cultural or sporting activites for the students
- Assisting with student arrivals
- Following Accent accounting procedures to ensure that budgets are within set parameters and accounts are accurate
- Communicating with outside organizations in a professional manner
Please note this list of duties is not comprehensive and could be subject to change from time to time.
The post is fully in the office, as remote or hybrid work does not suit this position.
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships at all levels
- Flexible approach
- Customer service focused
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Tech savvy
- Legal right to work in the UK (we are not able to sponsor an employee under the Tier 2 visa scheme)
Experience and qualifications
- Outstanding academic record (graduate level or equivalent)
- First class IT skills
- Previous administrative experience desirable but not essential
- Study abroad experience desirable but not essential
Interviews will be held 28 September – 3 October 2023.
Please send your CV and a Cover Letter via the ‘Apply’ button above.