Malvern International is an international education company with UK-based International Study Centres at our partner Universities, University of East London (UEL) and Wrexham Glyndŵr University and at our schools in Brighton, London and Manchester. In over 35 years, we have welcomed students from over 120 countries to access study opportunities with us.
Our core purpose is to provide, with our partners, students from around the world with the opportunities to reach their full potential via access to transformational learning, teaching and support and our mission is to provide international students essential academic and English language skills, cultural experiences and the support they need to thrive in their academic studies, daily life and career development.
Our International Study Centre at the University of East London’s Docklands campus has grown very significantly since its launch in 2018, and now offers:
- International Foundation programmes in Accounting, Architecture, Business and Management, Engineering, Computing and Science, Hospitality Management, Humanities and Social Science and Law
- International Year One programmes in Business and Engineering, and from September 2021, Computer Science and Hospitality Management
- International Graduate Diploma and pre-masters programmes
- Pre-sessional, in-sessional and induction programmes for UEL international degree level students
We now seek an experienced Programme Leader to assist the Academic Director in all aspects of the delivery of our English for Academic Purposes and Study Skills modules as a key member of the UEL International Study Centre Team.
The lecturer will have a robust approach to the delivery of teaching and learning while adopting innovative classroom techniques. The candidate will support student performance and retention through a supportive, encouraging and creative learning environment, and most importantly have a positive attitude which will underpin the delivery and further growth of our programmes at our centre at the University of East London.
The Programme Leader will act as the module leader for a range of modules that focus on the development of academic writing and English language proficiency, and the development of key academic and professional skills. S/he will have responsibility for the teaching team and will ensure continuity of delivery of teaching, marking standards and effective feedback.
This role is based at the University of East London’s Docklands Campus. The nature of the Programme Leader role means any limited remote/home working will only be possible, by arrangement, outside of term time. A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
As part of our Safeguarding procedures, applicants are asked to note that:
- references will be followed up;
- all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily;
- proof of identity and (where applicable) copies of qualifications will be required;
- reference requests will specifically ask whether there is any reason why candidates should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18;
- appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
To view the full job description click here
Application is via submission of CV and covering letter to Andreia Areal, Academic Director via [email protected] by no later than 15th July 2022.