Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
- Join the Faculty of Education – ranked number 1 in Australia and 14th globally
- Amplify your impact at a global top 50 University – in the world’s third most liveable city
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
At Monash, work feels different. There’s a sense of belonging, from contributing to something groundbreaking – a place where great things happen.
We value difference and diversity, and welcome and celebrate everyone’s contributions, lived experience and expertise. That’s why we champion an inclusive and respectful workplace culture where everyone is supported to succeed.
Together with our commitment to academic freedom, you will have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure, world class teaching spaces, and international collaboration opportunities.
Monash University, a founding member of Australia’s Group of Eight, is proud to be ranked within the top 50 Universities globally. But we, the Faculty of Education, uphold an enviable reputation in our own right, ranked as number 1 in Australia and 14th globally.
We pride ourselves on our international reputation for excellence in research and teaching. Through this work we aim to improve the quality of education in Australia and around the world. We are passionate about equipping the next generation of educators, counsellors, educational psychologists and researchers with the skills and knowledge to flourish and make a real difference. Operating across two campuses, we offer a diverse range of disciplines that relates to our research strengths and society’s needs.
We are seeking an outstanding scholar in Mathematics Education to lead our internationally recognised program of Mathematics Education teaching and research and join our highly successful team of academics in the School of Curriculum, Teaching and Inclusive Education. As a Professor, you will lead the development of innovative research and teaching programs and contribute to the Faculty of Education’s long history as a leading centre of mathematics education and research.
We are seeking applicants who are leading their own innovative research program in the areas of mathematics education that can also sustain a commitment to building the research capacity of early and mid-career colleagues. You will be expected to stimulate interdisciplinary collaborations beyond the Faculty of Education as well as build collaborative partnerships with external organisations.
The successful applicant will have an internationally recognised research track record. We welcome applications from candidates with expertise in all areas of maths education research and teaching. Our team has particular strengths in the areas of numeracy, teacher development, mathematical cognition, and school-based research. We are also looking to expand our capabilities in the following areas:
- Social justice issues – inequalities in maths education and/or ways of developing maths education with otherwise disadvantaged/ underserved populations
- Inclusive practices in maths education – e.g., supporting the diverse needs of learners, issues of dis/ability, students with exceptionalities
- Indigenous perspectives in maths education, and other areas of culturally-responsive mathematics
- Mathematics education in non-school settings – e.g., higher education, adult and community education, work-based training, informal learning
- Educational transitions – e.g., from primary to secondary schooling, from secondary to tertiary
- Mixed methods and quantitative research approaches
Diversity is one of our greatest strengths at Monash. We encourage applications from First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities, and age groups.
Join the pursuit of our purpose to build a better future for ourselves and our communities – #ChangeIt with us.
Monash avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments more easily.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check and a satisfactory Police Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to ‘How to apply for Monash Jobs‘.
For further information, Position Descriptions and to apply, click the ‘Apply’ button.
Sunday 17 December 2023, 11:55pm AEDT