Who are we looking for?
As the Professor and Director of the QUT Centre for Biomedical Technologies within the Faculty of Engineering, you’ll provide strategic and innovative leadership. Working closely with the Executive Dean, you’ll ensure the growth and sustainability of the Centre, aligning it with the Faculty’s and University’s mission and goals.
Real world impact
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a ‘real world’ focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
The School of Mechanical, Medical and Process Engineering delivers education and research into the design, manufacture and operation of Biomedical, Chemical and Mechanical systems and processes. The Centre for Biomedical Technologies stands at the forefront of Australia’s leading biomedical engineering research groups. We aim to revolutionise human health and patient care through technological advancement and innovation.
What you need to succeed
As a champion in your field, you are an experienced and enthusiastic academic well versed in senior leadership and looking to catalyse new opportunities in the field of biomedical technologies and/or biomedical/medical engineering.
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in biomedical engineering fields or closely related fields.
- Proven leadership that drives high performance and collaborative culture, including the ability to successfully mentor staff and students.
- Significant evidence of clarity as a strategic thinker, able to be adaptive and future oriented in a way that provides real impact.
- Record of outstanding leadership of research, including extensive track record of successfully obtaining external grants, publishing in top tier conferences and journals, and engagement with industry.
- Strong knowledge of biomedical technologies and biomedical engineering and demonstrated leadership of research projects, success at establishing and maintaining collaborations that extend best practice, implementing leading solutions and realising new opportunities.
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring and challenging. It’s a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real world difference.
We believe in creating safe spaces for inclusivity to flourish and we know that diversity is our strength – see our commitment. If you’re curious, innovative, and ready to experience what a career at QUT can offer, we’re ready to meet you.
How to Apply
To receive a candidate prospectus and to submit your application, please contact Dr Rohan Carr or Ms Emily Witts at The Insight Group.
Phone: +61 3 9654 3288
Email: [email protected]
Your application should include:
- A current resume including a list of publications;
- A statement of claims addressing the selection criteria;
- A statement of your current or proposed research direction in the biomedical technologies/biomedical/medical engineering area; and,
- The names and contact details of two (2) referees.
Reference number: 23584
Term: This appointment will be offered on an Ongoing Full-time basis (flexible arrangements considered). Please note – the role as Centre Director is for 3 years, renewable.
Remuneration: The classification for this position is Academic Level E (Professor) which has an annual remuneration of $227,693 pa. Which is inclusive of an annual salary of $192,404 pa and 17% superannuation.
Location: Kelvin Grove or Gardens Point campus
Applications Close: Monday 7 August 2023 at 11.59pm