- Are you looking for a two-year fixed term contract?
- Do you have experience with modern biochemical techniques?
- Have you got a minimum PhD or equivalent in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related discipline?
Mō Te Herenga Waka – About Our University
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university.
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Postdoctoral Research Fellow – Enzymology and Structural Biology to join the Synthetic and Chemical Biology Team of the Ferrier Research Institute lead by Professor Emily Parker. The role will provide high-quality research to contribute to the research and commercial goals of the Ferrier Research Institute.
- Contribute to a range of projects using biochemistry, enzymology and structural biology skills.
- Work and communicate with a team of scientists.
- Establish and develop new methodologies and protocols as required by the projects.
- Conduct work requiring independent judgement in the evaluation, selection, adaption and modification of standard techniques and processes.
- Carry out work in an efficient manner to achieve research and commercial goals.
- Design and develop project plan as well as contributing to the achievement of project deliverables.
- Process results, present conclusions and communicate in written and oral formats the outcomes of projects to the scientific community, colleagues, collaborators and clients as appropriate.
Ō pūmanawa – About you
You will have a thorough understanding and demonstrate experience relevant to enzymology, enzyme inhibition and enzyme structure and function.
You will be self-motivated and flexible, with high interpersonal and communication skills. You will also be able to work independently and as part of a team and communicate within the Ferrier Research Institute as well as with external collaborators and clients.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will develop and maintain excellent working relationship with staff in the Ferrier Research Institute. The Fellow will also work with: The Institute Director, Deputy Director, Science Team Leaders, Institute Administrators, Schools at the University, Customers, industry organisations and new customers, Callaghan Innovation, GlyncoSyn are required to perform effectively in the position.
- Relevant experience in modern biochemical techniques, including molecular biology, protein expression, enzyme expression and protein structure.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated experience in understanding enzyme catalysis, structure and regulation.
- Familiarity with relevant literature and searching techniques.
- Routinely demonstrates high level experimental skill.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible, self-motivated and high interpersonal and communication skills.
Close Date for Vacancy: 6 June 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch Kathryn Beare, Institute Manager ([email protected]). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important – Application Steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to [email protected] stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.