Higher Degree Research PhD Scholarship
Scholarship for 3.5 years full-time study
$AUD 33,413 pa
Expressions of interest are sought from potential PhD candidates to investigate the fluid dynamic behaviour of the jet wiping process in continuous galvanizing lines. This strategic R&D project involves advanced computational techniques such as Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics and Multiphase Large Eddy Simulation, complemented by physical modelling.
You will work within the new ARC Research Hub for Australian Steel Innovation, which is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, well-qualified candidate with high-quality communication skills and a passion for applied, industry-focused research. You will have strong time and project management skills to ensure project deliverables are met, and be prepared to spend significant time in the industry partner’s facilities, to better understand their strategic issues. You will contribute to a collaborative team consisting of academic and industry-based technologists.
You will be supported through additional mentoring, training and personal development designed to help prepare you for a career in academia or industry.
- Academic qualification. Applicants should hold a Masters by Research, or an Honours 1st class (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline or the equivalent combination of professional experience and academic qualifications
- Communication skills in both in writing and orally, presenting research work and outcomes to different audiences
- Experience in performing computational simulations
- Experience in performing experimental fluid dynamics
Conditions for application
- Capacity to be based at the Wollongong campus.
- Applicants should submit cover letter detailing relevant experience and research interest; CV with names and addresses of two referees; and Academic transcripts.
- Both domestic and international prospective students are encouraged to apply.
- The EOI should be sent via email to Buyung Kosasih ([email protected]).
The University of Wollongong is committed to workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion. We value and acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of attracting and retaining talent in our workforce. The creation of a diverse and inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential, enhance our success, and achieving our vision of being in the Top 1% of universities globally