Our Rangers are effective communicators who enjoy working as part of a team, have a passion for delivering the very best service and experience to all guests. Able to prioritise and organise their working day with a pro active and passionate approach, whilst displaying drive, enthusiasm, energy and most importantly an unshakeable commitment to exemplary standards and a sound understanding of Health and Safety best practice and parameters.
Flexibility on working hours is essential as weekend and public holiday working is required
Purpose of the Role:
As a Ranger you will be instrumental in the design and delivery of all our “Nature Activities”, you will encourage all our guests and owners to explore our stunning coastal parks through interaction with the natural environment.
With our Guests:
Facilitating Havens Nature Rockz Activities program, the job functions will be:
- Running a series of nature activities for families. Ranging from Bush craft, Den building, guided bat walks, guided beach walks, water safety education to more creative sessions such as nest box making, recycled creations and pebble art.
- Encourage guests to enjoy the outdoors on park.
- Promote awareness of the natural environment.
- Protect & preserve the countryside for future enjoyment.
- Manage habitats within the activity areas to maintain favourable conditions for wildlife.
- Raise awareness of environmental conservation through education & interpretation.
- Ensuring strict health and safety guidelines are always adhered to.
- Providing a safe and secure environment for all guests. By looking after the Nature activity areas on park.
- Offering and delivering the very best park activities and experiences.
- Supporting and encouraging guests to try new experiences and activities.
- Building rapport and engaging with our guests on park to support guest advocacy.
With My Team Members:
- Inspire and motivate the other members of your team with passion, energy and commitment.
- Share best practice and help other team members to achieve your common goals.
- Attending & participating in all relevant internal & external meetings and training in connection with the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with your supervisor/manager & fellow Park colleagues.
- Communicating with fellow team members professionally at all times
Measures of Success:
- Participation levels for activities.
- Guest & Owner feedback / advocacy scores
- Internal auditing.
- Previous experience of working within the leisure industry preferable
- Used to working outside
- Experience of working with young children (of all ages) and families/ Groups of people.
- Good Communication Skills
- Enthusiastic with a confident and positive attitude
- High Standard of work
- Basic Health and Safety
- Sound Knowledge of the natural environment
- Bush Craft Experience
- Specialist environmental knowledge and relevant qualifications
Full training will be provided for the successful candidates upon completion of enhanced DBS check.
- Free use of many of the Park facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets.
- Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends.
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month.
- Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress.
Our guests and our team members are vitally important to us and we need to ensure we build effective relationships, through trust, always having an approachable, friendly and helpful attitude. This will ensure our guests feel reassured that we always have their interests at the heart of everything we do.