BCNH is a leading provider of nutritional therapy training, and the launch of a new BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine in September 2021 has created an exciting opportunity to expand our team. We are passionate about providing the best possible learning experience for students and are looking for several dedicated, enthusiastic and highly disciplined individuals to join our team. We offer a flexible approach to home working and all staff have access to learning and development opportunities with the University of Northampton (our validating partner).
Position – Module Leader/s for the following modules:
- Academic Skills & Personal Development, 20 credits at Level 4
- Nutritional Biochemistry, 40 credits at Level 4
- Anatomy & Physiology, 20 credits at Level 4
- Food Processing, Macro- & Micronutrients, 20 credits at Level 4
- Nutrition Throughout the Lifecycle, 20 credits at Level 4
- Advanced Research Methods and Quantitative Health Data, 20 credits at Level 5
- Nutrition for Gastrointestinal Health and Detoxification, 20 credits at Level 5
Qualifications & SKILLS
- BSc qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject, dependent upon module. Please see module Job Descriptions on our website https://bcnh.co.uk/job-opportunities/
- ICT literate
- Highly disciplined, organised, proactive, able to work independently and within a team
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Experience of leading modules and programmes in HE settings
- Experience in the delivery of high-quality teaching and assessment materials
- Experience of teaching and use of learning technologies
- A relevant teaching qualification
Responsibilities and Duties:
The module leader is ultimately responsible for the module, ensuring it is delivered to plan, on schedule and to the required quality. This includes a range of responsibilities and duties, spread across four key areas of 1) teaching and learning 2) assessment 3) student support and 4) evaluation and review.
A detailed breakdown of the responsibilities and duties for each module can be found on our website https://bcnh.co.uk/job-opportunities/
A module leader will be required to liaise with other staff members as required (e.g. Personal Academic Tutors and other module leaders) and will report to the BSc Programme Leader and BCNH College Principal. Regular module meetings will take place at least once a week to plan workload and ensure timely delivery of the module.
Module leaders will also sit on the BCNH Academic Board and be a member of the BCNH Student Staff Committee.