The New College of the Humanities wishes to appoint a Multimedia Video Producer to create innovative educational media content in support of the teaching and learning goals of our digital learning offerings. We are looking for someone who possesses strong video production and video editing skills, as well as experience in storyboarding, storytelling, and use of strong organisational skills to collaborate in the ideation phase, give support during recordings, and ensure completion of final deliverables. This position requires a high level of cross-functional collaboration, teamwork, and excellent communication. In addition to having strong video production skills, the role holder will need to apply project management skills to manage medium to large scale content development projects. Our ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be a strong team player, assisting faculty and other staff whose experience on camera will vary greatly, and will provide encouragement and support to new team members. The role is suitable for remote working, provided the appointee is able to attend the campus for face-to-face work when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with learning experience designers, multimedia designers and animators, and faculty, be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and developing engaging educational content including:
- – Videos
- – Simulations
- – Screencast Tutorials
- – Podcasts
- Support story development with visuals as well as writing and adapting scripts
- Incorporate creative and high production quality while maintaining efficiency in all aspects
- Ensure adeptness in recording and editing with multiple audio-visual equipment formats
- Ensure effective application of skills in colour correction, audio effects and other advanced editing skills
- Responsible for ensuring build is scalable – anticipating the re-use of videos and media assets
- Generate, storyboard, and present clear ideas that meet project objectives and comply with brand and product guidelines, upholding Northeastern University’s values of inclusive excellence
- Provide perspective on solutions for the high-quality capture of media during productions as well as identifying new methods for creating educational media components
- Ensure awareness of new techniques and formats in video production and keeping up to date with the latest studio camera and filming techniques and tactics
- Active in managing the look, feel and design of the studio with a “director’s eye”
- Communicating with and coaching on-camera talent, with special consideration for those who are approaching such work for the first time
- Stakeholder management – establishing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external contacts, ensuring their engagement and adherence to required response times
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
EDGE (Experiential, Digital, Global, Education) is part of Northeastern’s Global Network and is dedicated to designing and delivering work-related learning throughout the UK and internationally. The EDGE team work remotely, using innovative pedagogical approaches and best practice in digital education and collaboration to ensure an excellent learner experience for individuals or groups of learners, wherever they are based. The EDGE team currently delivers a growing portfolio of work-related learning aligned to digital transformation, data science, artificial intelligence, and project management.
Person Specification Criteria (Essential / Desirable)
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Video Production or a creative liberal arts degree [E]
- Substantial experience in video production [E]
- Experience in storytelling is strongly preferred [D]
- Strong technical acumen and creative production skills with experience producing and directing in studio [E]
- Advanced level knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder and Audition [E]
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and other design applications [D]
- Production project management experience with an ability to maintain focus on priorities while multi-tasking and thrive in an agile environment [E]
- Strong project management, workflow, and process skills with experience in managing complex live projects from pre-production design to post-production deliverables [E]
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and networking – knowing when to organise use of other members of the team to produce the best results [E]
- Strong organisational and time management skills, demonstrating and ability to work flexibly across multiple projects with strict and conflicting deadlines, while maintaining high-quality standard of work [E]
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including effective stakeholder and partnership working – maintaining positive relationships and building consensus [E]
- Experienced in dealing with numerous stakeholders (internal and external) with an ability to quickly understand stakeholder concerns, and work flexibility to incorporate solutions that continue to meet internal and external goals and compliance requirements [E]
- Resilient, with a can-do attitude and an ability to remain calm and measured under pressure [E]
- Able to work autonomously but also as a team member and with a willingness to embrace change [E]
- Committed to creating a professional collaborative work environment – demonstrating respect for colleagues and their expertise; cultivating open communication & feedback; and inspiring a unified commitment to elevating the standard of quality of the deliverables [E]
- Positive and professional attitude, with a genuine interest in learning new skills [E]
- Willingness and capacity to undertake continuous professional development [E]
Applications should be made via this link by 20:00 on 17 June 2022. Please reference your application “MP522”. Participation in the equal opportunities section is encouraged, but voluntary.
Applications must include a covering letter of no more than one page and a full curriculum vitae.
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and will be judged on merit alone. Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.