Purpose of job
The Marketing Manager is responsible for owning and developing brand identity, implementing and reviewing marketing strategies for the launch of new products and increasing the market share of the current product range.
The post holder is expected to develop the brands of each business unit or project, produce generic and specific collateral as required, manage external relationships to the advantage of the organisation, manage internal stakeholders and organisational communications, gather and present detailed data and competitive analysis and contribute to the development of organisational strategy as part of SMT.
Key areas of responsibility
- To own and develop brand identity, create a unique and innovative strategy.
- To implement a full marketing strategy, encompassing all brands and business units, with the purpose of increasing learner numbers across all training programmes and products and raising the profile of the organisation internationally as a high-quality provider of education.
- To work closely with senior managers and team leaders, providing a full consultancy service to business units, and raising the understanding and status of the marketing function to be able to manage internal stakeholders more effectively and influence decision making.
- To help develop a range of branded, engaging and appropriate marketing collateral as requested supporting face to face meetings, event attendance and brand building, particularly on digital platforms, digital advertising, social media and digital optimisation.
- To ensure marketing legal compliancy with relevant legislation for Data Protection and marketing and public relations; codes of conduct, including but not limited to ASA/CAP, CRA, CIPR, CMA, etc as well as HE policy (HESA, OfS) and partner policies.
- To take responsibility of all creative assets and production- photography, video, etc promotions of exhibitions.
- To proactively manage key relationships with suppliers, internal and external stakeholders and partner organisations, both here and abroad, to develop a BAJ Network.
- To develop, maintain and update a bank of knowledge and information about organisational business units, their key market segments and competitors to support decision making.
- To ensure full integration and consistency across all our marketing and communication channels to ensure our learners, employers, partners and staff experience a positive multichannel experience that supports their delivery.
- Holds a degree or is educated to degree level. Will consider equivalent experience in lieu of a qualification.
- A strong understanding of governmental education policy, and knowledge of the key individuals, organisations and agencies involved with the national, and local, training agenda.
- Knowledge of the principles of leading and implementing change.
- Demonstrable knowledge of marketing platforms, tools and techniques, and experience in applying them to multiple brands/business units for both B2B and B2C outcomes.
- An understanding of the principles of layout and print production.
- Knowledge of marketing activity in Europe would be an advantage.
- To have excellent written communications skills, writing engaging, informative and entertaining copy and content, as well as producing clear and concise organisational reports, briefings and updates.
- Condensing large amounts of information into an accessible form for a range of audiences.
- Effectively use MS Offices, information management systems and web-based platforms to improve quality, increase the efficiency of delivery and support decision making.
- To be self-motivated and have a proactive attitude towards work.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
If you wish to apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]