The Student and Academic Team at ESCP Business School is currently looking for a Library and Business Information Systems Manager to be based at the London Campus situated in Northwest London.
The Library and Business Information Systems Manager will be responsible for providing a service either directly or indirectly to the School community. In addition to the standard responsibilities within the School library this post will also contribute to the provision of front-line help services to students and staff regardless of location.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Responsible for overseeing the Library team, which entails providing comprehensive training, support, conducting performance evaluations, and managing leave and absences through the HR system.
- In addition, you will be responsible for an additional team of casual library assistants, which involves creating schedules, assigning tasks, and providing training.
- Managing the procurement of library and teaching materials, as well as the renewal of subscriptions and memberships.
- Organizing and retrieving books, journals, and company reports within the library management system through cataloguing and access procedures.
- Ensuring excellent circulation and customer service in the library, which includes managing loans, returns, renewals, membership, and sending email notifications for overdue materials.
- Conducting comprehensive library services inductions and providing training on online resources, including the distribution of guides, to students.
- Collaborating with library teams from various campuses, including the Federal campus, to enhance the new Library portal and improve its functionality.
- Supporting the library and courses’ budget by assisting with financial management and related tasks.
- Facilitating communication among ESCP Library teams by sharing information on common library policies, implementing new teaching materials, and coordinating projects.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, with minimum supervision
- Strong organisational, collaborative and communication skills
- Strong ability to work with teams locally and internationally
- Experienced people manager with the ability to improve team capability and operational performance.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Professional qualification in Archives, Conservation or Librarianship or equivalent experience.
What can ESCP can offer you?
- 30 days annual leave with the addition of Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme with exceptional employer contributions
- Permanent Health Scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
- Private Healthcare after successful probation period
- Enhanced Paid Maternity & Paternity with length of service
- Enhanced Sick Pay with length of service
- Hybrid Working is available, upon negotiation with manager.
- On-site Cafe with Staff discount
- Exclusive discounts with surrounding local businesses
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to our Human Resources Department via the ‘Apply‘ button above by: 7th July 2023.
For more information about the School please visit our website on www.escp.eu