The University of Roehampton London is recruiting to the role of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to join our expanding School of Psychology
- An ambitious academic with a bold vison who can deliver excellence and in the field of Forensic Psychology?
- Passionate about enhancing the teaching and learning of students, as well as the continued success and development of our School’s expansive undergraduate and postgraduate portfolio?
- Enthusiastic about student-centred pedagogy?
- Experienced in teaching on similar programmes or a practitioner in Forensic Psychology.
- An expert in the area of Forensic Psychology?
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Play your part in teaching our MSc Forensic Psychology, as well as other areas of our core curriculum.
- Contribute to education delivery and student support, across our range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Contribute to and enhance the teaching and learning, research and knowledge exchange reputation of the School.
- Be part of a supportive community of academics and practicing psychologists.
The School’s vision is to offer transformative, future focused, digitally enhanced education that helps students become successful individuals with rewarding careers, regardless of their background and circumstances. The School is committed to delivering outstanding student outcomes and making a positive impact on society through its world-leading research and its community-based knowledge exchange. We offer a large variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and one of the most comprehensive and well-respected suite of therapy training programmes in the UK.
Our staff’s expertise spans experimental psychology, cognitive neuroscience, comparative psychology, counselling psychology, psychotherapies and the arts and play therapies. Our multidisciplinary research seeks to improve the understanding of factors that influence mental health and wellbeing and to develop strategies and interventions to improve them. Our researchers produce impactful outcomes with real world applications that support local, national and global communities. Our work enhances and saves lives, supports the regeneration of the world around us and shapes government policy that touches on every impact of society.
WHY CHOOSE ROEHAMPTON?
- Work on our stunning 54-acre campus, with views over Richmond Park.
- Access the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. – Benefit from our outstanding annual leave provision.
- Benefit from our Research and Knowledge Exchange Income Reward and Recognition Scheme.
- Our full list of benefits is here
To apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button, above.
The closing date for completed applications is: 4 October 2023
To learn more about this post and for an informal conversation please contact Yannis Fronimos Dean of School.
It is expected that interviews will be held on 26 October 2023
The University is committed to EDI and is a ‘disability confident’ employey