This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with the UCL Medical School (UCLMS) Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME) team, supporting our aim to positively impact the working and learning environment of the clinical workplace, through developing skilled healthcare educators across a range of healthcare disciplines.
We are a friendly and welcoming team with a supportive and developmental team philosophy.
We are committed to providing an equitable learning environment for our students, whilst supporting their development as champions of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, as education leaders, in their own clinical workplace.
The PGME Team has a strong reputation for student-centred teaching philosophy, and our commitment to scholarship of teaching and learning is reinforced by a strong relationship with the medical school’s research department with its focus on practitioner health and wellbeing and equality and diversity.
UCLMS is committed to excellence in UG and PG Education and has a strong reputation for teaching, informed by cutting edge research.
UCLMS is placed sixth in the 2023 QS University world rankings.
About the role
Requirements for the role
- We are looking for a candidate with experience of educating health professionals, who is committed to developing competent and compassionate educators in the healthcare workforce.
- This would be ideal for someone developing a portfolio career, who is keen to include an educational component as a teaching academic in Higher Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The post holder will contribute to the successful delivery of UCLMS’s portfolio of Master’s Level and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes in Health Professions Education.
- UCLMS currently has two taught M-Level programmes: The MSc in Health Professions Education and an MSc in Medical Education, offered in partnership with the Royal College of Physicians (RCP). These are offered through a combination of face to face, blended and online learning.
- It is expected that you will contribute to design, teaching, assessment and evaluation.
- The successful candidate will be appointed on one of the two pay grades depending on qualifications and experience:
- Lecturer (Teaching): Grade 8 (£48,614 – £58,895) inclusive of London Allowance)
- Clinical Lecturer (Teaching): Grade CL8 (£48,905 – £55,225 inclusive of London Allowance)
- The appointment is available immediately and is a substantive role.
- FTE: 0.6 (as one 0.6 post or two posts totalling to 0.6)
The successful candidate will have:
- A good first degree
- Experience of scholarship of teaching and learning
- Completed a relevant Masters-level qualification
- A good understanding of the healthcare education environment
- Experience of delivering online teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will be a team player, with excellent communication skills, and an ability to work in a reciprocally supportive team environment.
- A full job description and person specification can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button above.
- Please use the personal statement section to explain how you meet each essential and desirable criteria outlined in the person specification.
- The advert will close on 17/09/2023 at 23:59 BST, however we may close the advert early if we receive a high volume of applications.
- Interviews will be held on Tbc.