Regent’s University London is one of the UK’s most cosmopolitan universities, with around 140 nationalities represented on our stunning campus in the heart of royal Regent’s Park.
- Salary range: from £23,260 to £29,830 per annum (£38,768 to £49,717 full-time rate)
- 21 hours/3 days per week – to be negotiated, Permanent
- Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 1st August 2023
We are searching for a talented and inspirational Lecturer in Interior Design to contribute to the development of our successful and expanding BA (Hons) Interior Design course. We would like to speak to candidates with academic and professional experience in Interiors, Architecture and/or Spatial Design, who are creative, entrepreneurial, committed, and ambitious.
You will have a range of responsibilities across the Interior Design programme. We encourage modes of thinking that synthesise traditional hand drawing and making techniques with advanced digital technologies. The modules aim to develop essential skills that will enable students to apply in their design projects.
- Design, manage and deliver teaching on the Communication Skills and methodologies modules , including delivery of CAD workshops for Year 1 and 2 studio modules, working collaboratively with the Course Leader.
- Support students to develop advanced communication skills that will enable them to undertake work as an Interior Designer. This should include 2D and 3D drawing skills, creating 3D models for renderings and digital fabrication and communicating their design vision through visuals and animation.
- Build on the current programme’s analogue and digital representation, coordinate and deliver technology and teaching, providing students with skills-based learning that supports and reinforces studio design work.
- Add professional experience and understanding of the position of interiors within the field of architecture and design related disciplines, together you’re your teaching experience in higher education and/or relevant professional experience (e.g. in practice).
To be successful, you will have industry experience in the field as well as experience of Interior Design teaching and learning, including knowledge of the current debates and recent developments in higher education. You will also have knowledge and understanding of practice and theory, construction, and technology relevant to interior design. In addition, you will have a high level of experience in the application and delivery of digital skills specific to interior architecture and spatial design practice.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
Interviews will likely be held on Tuesday 15th August 2023.
Regent’s University London is a private university right in the heart of Royal Regent’s Park. We offer bespoke undergraduate and postgraduate education that begins with the individual, focussing on each student’s talents, potential, and aspirations.
Our study areas include business and management; liberal studies and humanities; fashion and design; film, media and performance; psychotherapy and psychology; as well as pathway qualifications in English language and other modern foreign languages.
We are a small, friendly and supportive University offering great benefits. Please visit our website for further information.