- Full time continuing
- Opportunity to research and teach in Strategy and/or the related fields of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and to work in a collaborative and supportive environment at the internationally renowned and accredited University of Sydney Business School
- Academic Level B, Base Salary $113,184 – $134,403 p.a. + 17% superannuation
- An additional salary supplement may be negotiated with successful applicants, along with startup research funds. Ongoing research support will be available
About the opportunity
Our Discipline of Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a new initiative, formed in 2018, and serves as a key plank in the Business School’s ‘Business Not as Usual’ strategy to distinguish itself among the leading Business Schools in Australia. The Discipline is home to a group of highly productive and engaged strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship scholars with diverse research interests. Faculty members employ both qualitative and quantitative research methods and publish in top disciplinary journals, including; Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Studies and Human Relations.
Our work also aims to inspire and equip leaders to design and implement innovative strategies, shape the evolution of innovation ecosystems, contribute to policy dialogue and improve commercia! lization outcomes for inventors and entrepreneurs. We champion technological and social innovation, and partner with social and Indigenous enterprises to co-create culturally informed solutions.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop, teach and coordinate strategy, strategic management and innovation management units of study (i.e. courses) to large and culturally-diverse cohorts of undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students
- contribute to the research strengths of the Discipline, through regular publication in top tier international journals and securing research grants. Your research could be in the fields of strategy, innovation and/or entrepreneurship
- supervise higher degree research students
- be involved in multidisciplinary collaborations with scholars from other Faculties as well as external stakeholders. Both multidisciplinarity and external engagement are highly valued and materially supported at the University of Sydney.
We are looking for a Lecturer in Strategy, Innovation & Entrepreneurship who possesses:
- a PhD in Strategy or closely related fields of innovation or entrepreneurship
- demonstrated experience in, or strong potential to deliver high quality teaching and course development in one or more of the discipline’s core domains
- an active research program in strategy, innovation or entrepreneurship with significant potential for future publications, including an already established research record of publications in high quality refereed journals
- the ability to work successfully in a team and a commitment to a collegial approach
- a commitment to engage with industry, community, and professional bodies in order to expand the School’s program of professional and industry research collaboration and to develop innovative teaching programs.
To be considered for this position, please provide a CV and a cover letter which demonstrates your suitability and enthusiasm for this role. These will provide evidence of how your experience, aspiration and scholarship aligns with the role and should be uploaded online, along with any additional information you may have in support of your application.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 18 September 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Lecturer-in-Strategy–Innovation—Entrepreneurship_0095439-1
© The University of Sydney