Thursday, November 30, 2023
HomeUK JobLecturer in Development Economics (Education)

Lecturer in Development Economics (Education)

Spread the love

Job description

The Department of International Development, King’s College London, is a young, innovative and contemporary development studies department. Our focus is on middle-income developing countries and emerging economies, meaning the fast growing economies of the developing world where foreign aid is largely irrelevant. The mission is to explore the sources of success as well as understand the major development challenges they continue to face.

The Department seeks to appoint a Lecturer in International Development (Education). The successful applicant will be an outstanding early career social scientist whose research is interdisciplinary and directly relevant to development in middle-income (emerging) economies. Within this framework, the lecturer will contribute to teaching, supervision and marking as well as academic and pastoral support of undergraduate students and also of students on selected postgraduate programmes. They will be responsible for the delivery of teaching to in-person and online student cohorts, and may pursue opportunities for conducting high quality education-focused scholarship in their field. The Lecturer will themselves receive mentoring and support to develop their skills and experience in education, academic administration, and scholarship.

The appointment is to the Academic Education Pathway (AEP), which is focused on the delivery of education, education-related scholarship, and leadership in education. Indicatively 80% of a staff member’s activities will be accounted for by a combination of teaching, supervision, student support, educational leadership and innovation, and administration; the remaining 20% will be dedicated to scholarship. Staff on the AEP are not contractually obliged to carry out research and will not have significant responsibility for research. Should the balance of the member of staff’s role change (for instance, if they are successful in obtaining grant funding) the workload balance and contract type would be reviewed.

The lecturer will join an interdisciplinary team currently working on a wide range of topics including political economy, inequality and poverty, gender rights, natural resources, international trade, migration, health policy, and other pressing issues facing emerging economies today.

Applicants should demonstrate evidence of relevant teaching and research experience, and fulfil the requirements as specified in the job advert available at the King’s College London application portal.

This post is permanent and will report to the Head of Department of International Development.

At King’s, we are deeply committed to equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity and inclusion in all our activities so that the university is an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work and study, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation. King’s offers inclusive benefits to staff including flexible working, Enhanced Parental Leave, funds for Parents and Carers and the potential to join community staff networks.  The Department of International Development is committed to the provision of equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity for all our students, staff and visitors. We hold Bronze Athena SWAN Certification and King’s was awarded a Race Equality Charter Bronze Mark in 2020. Our policies align with the College’s equalities policies, including efforts to build an anti-racist university as outlined in the King’s Race Equality Action Plan 2020-2024. We work to ensure that applicants from under-represented backgrounds and those with protected characteristics feel confident applying to work in our Department.

This is a full-time indefinite post (100% full time equivalent).

Click Here to Apply For The Job



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Popular Jobs

Recent Comments