- Full time continuing
- Contribute to School of Social and Political Sciences based strategic research themes, and play a role in initiating new research and teaching initiatives
- Academic Level B, Base Salary $113,184 – $134,403 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Social and Political Sciences (SSPS) is seeking to appoint a continuing Lecturer (Level B), specializing in Data Analytics in the Social Sciences.
The School is a dynamic unit. In the most recent national research assessment exercise (Excellence in Research for Australia, 2018), Political Science and Sociology at the University of Sydney were awarded the highest possible 5 rating, indicating “well above world standard”. The School has considerable success in attracting external research funding. It hosts the Sydney Centre for Healthy Societies and the Centre for International Security Studies. It is engaged in a series of interdisciplinary networks and projects in the University, including the Sydney Policy Lab, the Sydney Environment Institute, the China Studies Centre and the Sydney Southeast Asia Centre.
The successful appointee will be appointed by the School will! be expec ted to contribute to the full range of School activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- build our strategic capacities in engaged research and engaged education
- teach into our undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- contribute to Faculty strategic research themes based in the School
- play a role in initiating new strategic research and teaching initiatives within the School, Faculty and University.
We are looking for a Lecturer in Data Analytics in the Social Sciences who possesses:
- a PhD in a social science discipline or cognate data science field
- expertise in digital data analytics and computational methods for social science research, including visualisation methodologies
- focused expertise in the use of data analytics to address pressing social science questions and problems
- a strong track record of scholarly publication, including publications in highly ranked journals
- teaching experience at undergraduate level in the area of data analytics for the social sciences
- capacity and potential to leverage external research grants, including industry funding, in collaborative interdisciplinary teams
- strong communication, collegial and team-based skills.
- expertise in cybersecurity
- teaching experience at postgraduate levels in the area of data analytics for the social sciences
- HDR supervision experience
- experience of working in data-based interdisciplinary projects
- potential to develop responsible leadership skills.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 08/08/2022
How to apply
Please click Apply.
© The University of Sydney