Location: Greenford – UB6
As a Lecturer, you will be responsible for performing of a range of lecturing, administration, professional duties, and activities to deliver the highest quality of education to our students. You are responsible for engaging students in the learning processes to ensure student outcomes are maximised. You are also responsible for the teaching and development of a range of subjects across the curriculum.
- All aspects of planning, delivering, and assessing student work, ensuring that all learning outcomes are met.
- Develop, update, and improve course materials as appropriate.
- Use a variety of learning and teaching methods/materials including live online learning.
- Attend meetings as required, to contribute to the decision-making process and to develop productive working relationships within the various teams you will be engaged with.
- To actively be involved in staff development activities and peer observations
- Understand and keep up to date with student support to ensure our students have the full support and guidance they need.
- To participate in the GBS performance management programme, meeting a range of clearly defined objectives for student outcomes, student satisfaction, retention and attendance.
- Undertake administrative duties as agreed with your line manager
- Take on other responsibilities as required to support the work of GBS.
Essential Skills and Experience
- An honours degree in construction management, project management or equivalent; You will hold qualifications at least Master’s level in a relevant subject area and will usually hold a PhD or be able to demonstrate equivalent high level professional experience in the related discipline.
- A Postgraduate Certificate of Academic Practice or equivalent teaching qualification (or commitment to enrol on a teaching programme during the probationary period and complete within three years) or Fellowship of HEA (or international equivalent)
- Previous lecturing experience for similar courses
- Experience supervising student work and providing support and feedback
- Experience teaching in the wider subject area.
- Experience with distance learning and supporting learners both online and face to face.
- Professional conduct in all interactions with staff and students.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant subject matter.
- A firm commitment to personal and professional development
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting.
- Ability to maintain thorough and organised student records.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-working skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and a track record of teaching construction management with a specific focus on building information modelling (BIM) and digital technologies relevant to construction at undergraduate and postgraduate level OR relevant professional experience.
- Experience in facilitating computer aided design workshops.
- Experience of design / development of academic or professional education programmes or equivalent
- Full membership of CIOB or an equivalent body.