At GBS (Global Banking School), we invest in our people and our students are at the heart of everything we do because we know education is transformational. Our mission is to change lives through education, and we take an inclusive approach to recruiting students, with an aim to widening access to higher education among groups currently under-represented in the sector.
We are proud to be a certified ‘Great Place To Work’ and have achieved outstanding results for the third year running in the National Student Survey, with an incredible 91% overall satisfaction rating in 2022.
GBS is a higher education provider offering a range of sector-relevant courses across eight campuses in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and beyond. Working in partnership with several of the UK’s leading higher education providers, we deliver vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in banking, finance, accounting, business, tourism, healthcare – and more. We are an approved institute on the Office for Students Register and have been reviewed and approved by the Quality Assurance Agency.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business and are now looking to recruit:
To meet the demands of our ever growing and successful business we are looking for a Lecturer with experience in and a passion for deliver the highest quality of education to our students by performing a range of lecturing, administration, professional duties and other activities. You are responsible for engaging students in the learning processes to ensure student outcomes are maximised.
You will get your energy and motivation from helping to engage students in the learning processes to ensure student outcomes are maximised and will be responsible for the teaching and development of a range of subjects across the curriculum.
We are currently seeking Full time Lecturers to teach Business and Tourism related courses. You will also need to be flexible to teach during weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Teaching across a range of foundation year, level 4 and 5 modules for the Business and Tourism Management Programme, including Understanding Customers, Tourism Marketing Principles and Entrepreneurship in Tourism.
- All aspects of planning, delivering, and assessing student work, ensuring that all learning outcomes are met
- Develop, update, and improve course materials as appropriate
- Use a variety of learning and teaching methods/materials including live online learning
- Attend meetings as required, to contribute to the decision-making process and to develop productive working relationships within the various teams you will be engaged with
- To actively be involved in staff development activities and peer observations
- Understand and keep up to date with student support to ensure our students have the full support and guidance they need
- To participate in the GBS performance management programme, meeting a range of clearly defined objectives for student outcomes, student satisfaction, retention and attendance
- Undertake administrative duties as agreed with your line manager
- Take on other responsibilities as required to support the work of GBS
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ button above