University of the West of Scotland – School of Business and Creative Industries
Location: London Campus
UWS School of Business and Creative Industries has successfully and significantly grown its presence on our London campus, delivering both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. As a result of this, we are continuing to make a significant investment in academic posts to support both our students and our strategic development, helping to further position the School as a key player locally, nationally and internationally.
We are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Accounting, Finance and Law as Lecturers in Accounting and Finance. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about their subject and can contribute to the on-going expansion of the subject area delivery.
You will be joining us at a very exciting time in our development and will become part of a dedicated team who offer exceptional support and guidance to students. You will have opportunities to help build the reputation and profile of our School as a leading contributor to the economic and social development of the communities in which we work.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- An appropriate undergraduate degree and postgraduate qualification at least one of which must be in Accounting or Finance and/or have an equivalent professional qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA. Candidates with alternate degrees and significant relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Have, or be within six months of completion, a PhD or other doctoral level qualification
- Have experience of delivering teaching and project supervision across a range of Accounting and Finance subject areas.
- Have experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and of use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches.
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
- Research outputs, or evidence of potential for such, suitable for inclusion in national research assessments.
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Business & Creative Industries at UWS is a vibrant community, delivering innovative learning and teaching alongside a rapidly developing research and enterprise profile. You will join a supportive and motivating team, where you will be part of a multicultural, multidisciplinary community of scholars and students from around the world. Students benefit from our strong links with industry, and the world-class research that underpins our courses, delivered on each of our five campuses and through many partners across the globe.
Find out more about our School of Business & Creative Industries.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 31 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional day’s leave to celebrate your birthday
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities
Informal enquiries about the role, can be made to Dr Carolynn Gray, Head of Division, by email to [email protected]
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at jobs.uws.ac.uk
Interview date: 10th August 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.